“Excellent Seafood”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2018

Lobsta Land is easily accessed from Route 128, which was convenient for us on our way to a concert in Rockport. We had never seen a menu that featured paella, cioppino, AND bouillabaisse. Their bouillabaisse was quite substantial, served piping hot, but the shellfish was not overcooked at all, but tender. Companion liked that the slab of tuna on her tuna bowl was cooked all the way through, as she requested. She found that soy sauce was a much better complement to the bowl than the sauce offered.

The view of the marsh from the back of the dining room is beautiful, even if you don't get a seat right next to the window.

We noticed that Lobsta Land offers a diverse menu of items that are not seafood. At one table of six people next to us, nobody ordered a seafood entree, and they all appeared happy with their choices.

We were lucky to get there fairly early on a Friday night. The parking lot and dining room filled up rapidly after 6 pm.

We definitely would come back on our next concert trip to Rockport, or even during the middle of the week to avoid the rush.

1  Thank StarWeez

Reviewed December 1, 2018 via mobile

Any way you want it. Best lobster rolls in the area. Family owned and operated most of the year. Must stop if in the area.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 4, 2018

My wife and I decided to go here for breakfast. We sat at the bar and ordered Belgian waffle with fresh berries and homemade whipped cream and pumpkin pancakes. I also added a side of bacon and red bliss potato home fries. The food was greatl portions were large and service was fine. The food is consistently very good here, and we look forward to our next visit.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 21, 2018

I have been driving past this restaurant and dismissing it for over 30 years - corny name, next to a car dealership, off the highway exit - so imagine my surprise that it is really inventive, creative, delish seafood. Not the cafeteria, blue-hair, bland seafood that I expected. I loved my lobster boullabaise, the assorted apps plate was wonderful, delish homemade rolls with olive tapanade, Very friendly service, the waitress spent a long time with our overseas guest making sure she made the correct order. Key lime pie was exceptional. Winning!!

Reviewed October 17, 2018

This was my all time place to go for a great meal for the past 20 years. Always, tasty, fresh and great looking dishes. Not so last night. My usual Portuguese Haddock had no flavor at all, haddock looked great, but not at all the usual spice-y flavorful taste it usually has broth had no flavor at all. I think the mussels had not been de-bearded - have never experienced this before - sharp pointy stiff (strings) obstacles on the mussels themselves. My husband's Lobsta :Land Bouillabaisse looked great but also did not have the usual wonderful broth. My Caesar salad was also wilted and no longer had the pretty shaved parmesan cheese - just generic sprinkles of some cheese. Everything was just off - not the usual wonderful experience that we are used to. II always take my leftovers home in a dogie bag - neither of us wanted our leftovers. What's up??

2  Thank Catharine G