“Best Breakfast on the North Shore”
Review of Lobsta Land

Lobsta Land
Ranked #5 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2008

If you want a really awesome breakfast, this is the place to go.

I live on Boston's North Shore, and know a lot of little breakfast nooks where my wife and I will sneak off on a Friday morning. Gloucester is about a 20 minute drive, and we pass a lot of diners and breakfast places along the way, and it's worth it (in fact, my wife and I get depressed when the restaurant closes for the winter, usually December through early spring).

The servings are large, delicious, and hot. Whipped cream is both REAL and done by the cook in the kitchen -- NOT from a can! Kids are welcome and it's comfortable for them, moms and dads.

Service sometimes can be slow. My only criticism. But the breakfast is, well -- just plain awesome!

1  Thank DieselDad

Reviewed July 29, 2008

my husband and I ate at Lobsta Land after reading reviews here and we weren't disappointed. The place was packed, we were told there'd be a 30 minute wait but then the hostess said that we could be seated in a couple of minutes if we wanted to sit in the bar. We did and were served immediately. The food was great, the atmosphere fun. We will definitely go back there when we are in Gloucester, which hopefully will be soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2008

We stopped at Lobsta Land on a busy Friday night and made our way to the small bar since there was a 20 minute wait.It was there that we encountered the increasingly common "blind "bartenders;the ones who never look up or around for fear of spotting a new customer who might want to order a drink. I stood at the bar in an empty spot for 10 minutes before giving up any hope of getting either bartenders attention.We were seated shortly after in a small side room adjacent to the bar with a great view of a salt marsh complete with a lightning show.The fresh fish was terrific.My girlfriends filet of sole in an egg coated batter was to die for and my cajun striped bass was cooked to perfection, although a little undersized for the $24 price.The waitress was pleasant and efficient but lost points for good taste when she rushed over to take my money as I was still counting it out , asking me if I was all set--tacky,tacky.This place was great but the management needs to implement a little "Customer 101" class so that it's service matches it's food.

2  Thank flashover5
Reviewed July 15, 2008

I actually already submitted a review for Lobsta Land under the wrong name, "Lotsa Lobsta". Despite the corny name and tacky exterior, this is the best seafood restaurant on the North Shore. I ordered the seafood paella and it was OMG exceptional. I am a real critic when it comes to food since I was a chef for many years. This place is fantastic and shouldn't be missed. Wait for a table by the windows, (about 15-20 mins.), it's well worth it. Beautiful view of a pretty marshland. I recommend waiting in the bar. It's filled with locals and the drinks are strong! We had a nice chat with a charming guy from the table next to us. They had the Red Sox game on the TV.

Reviewed June 15, 2008

We were staying in Rockport and looking for a great spot for dinner- and we found it at Lobsta Land! As we pulled in we knew it was a good sign to see a full parking lot- and people parked along the road as well. We waited a little longer (15 min) to get a seat by the window and it was worth it with great views of the salt marsh. The interior is not anything "gorgeous", but I appreciated the wild roses on our table.

First we were given fresh hot rolls with whipped butter and an olive tapenade (delicious). We decided to go with an appetizer and were quite blown away when it arrived- the Lobsta Land sampler is HUGE! Two homemade crab cakes, 2 giant coconut shrimp, and a big portion of calamari...wow. Salads came with our meal (also large and fresh). We ordered the filet minion with lobster tail and grilled haddock. Both plates were nice and hot and extremely filling. For dessert we squeezed in a creme brule- again, WOW- a large dollop of fresh whipped cream (yes, real whipped cream, not from a can) and fresh berries on the side, and the creme brule was perfect.

Last to discuss- the service. We really liked our waitress (not a common occurrence in this day and age as many of you know) She was very friendly, fast, and positive. We left a large tip to show our thanks, since service makes a big difference on a meal out.

With our large tip, it was $98 total (we also had a martini and beer in the mix). This is more than we generally spend going out, but it was well worth it. We were completely full and had a great experience.

2  Thank CMMJJM