“TABLE WITH A VIEW”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Indiana
“TABLE WITH A VIEW”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

It would probably be a rare day that the parking lot at LOBSTA LAND Restaurant in West Gloucester is not filled during usual peak dining hours. And for good reason, the food is delicious and the portions generous.

As one might expect from the restaurant’s name, seafood entrees abound on the lunch and dinner menus. There are also many other meat selections and a nice range of appetizers to choose from. A diner going home hungry or dissatisfied would have to be really “out of sorts”.

There are two main dining areas in the restaurant and each has a view. Where you will be seated is most likely dependent on the time of day and the size of the crowds. The front dining room abuts the parking lot. Nothing wrong there – great for people watching. Those in the rear pine paneled dining room look out through tall glass windows onto a picturesque salt marsh. Depending on the tide cycle, one might see the water level at different heights. With each tidal fluctuation, the marsh scenery and colors will change somewhat to the delight of the viewer.

During my five day stay in the area, I had breakfast three times and dinner twice at Lobsta Land and was never dissatisfied in the slightest. The “2 by 2 by 2” breakfast special is really equivalent to two meals for $5.95 (choice of eggs, applejack bacon, ham or sausage, and honest to goodness fluffy pancakes with syrup). The portions are very generous. If you’re the type that enjoys and relies on a stick-to-your-ribs breakfast to carry you through the day, the breakfast offerings at Lobsta Land are delicious! The same accolades will no doubt be heard at lunch and dinner. Retain a good chef and “they will come”.

Lobsta Land is a short distance off Route 128 East/Exit 14. One can navigate to the restaurant coming in the opposite direction by using Causeway Street behind the car dealership. It’s worth making the exit stop for the quality of the dining experience and the food. Plan accordingly. There’s a table with a view waiting for you, and you won’t be disappointed.

Willoughby, Ohio
“Not Too Bad”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Heard about this place and wanted to try it out. The menu looked good on line. Had the calamari for starters and it was very rubbery. Wife had the grilled swordfish which was fantastic. I had the grilled haddock, not so good. Waitress Karen, was very good. Over all o.k. probably won't go back.

1 Thank Jim H
Craryville, New York
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

After a long day on the ocean, wanted a nice restaurant with excellent food....was not disappointed. The service, the appitizers, the main course were all equally awesome........I had the pork tenderloin and it was very good. Portions size was more than adequate.......other membes in the party had the seafood, all was very good............worth the trip and even the wait. Menu is priced fairly.....can get loud in the restaurant when filled to capacity, but food makes it worthwhile.......

Wakefield, Massachusetts
“Food was good....service was not and way too pricey!!!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have just recently moved to Gloucester and have been trying some of the restaurants around town. Every time we drive by Lobsta Land it is busy....this being said we thought it must be good if that many people are there all the time. My husband and my son and I went for breakfast on Thursday and were greeted????? if you can call it that by one of the waitresses at the hostess stand. I say greeted...because she was actually on the phone taking an order ( I assume) and I know that it would have been rude to ask the customer on the phone to hold on...but she could have done it in a nice way or at least have made eye contact with us to let us know she would be right with us. When she was done taking the phone order we were seated. Turns out she was our waitress. Yikes! The place wasn't that busy, she did come over and asked of our drink order...my husband got Iced water and me and my son got coffee...I got decaf. The menu is huge and takes some time to look over. She came over about 5 minutes later to see if we were ready and I told her I needed just another minute. By the time she came back I was almost done with my decaf and my husband was almost done with his water. She took our order and went away.....never came back until she delivered our breakfast. Had to ask for a fill up on coffee and water. Which by the way when she came over with the coffee it was regular coffee,, I reminded her that I was drinking decaf and she brought me back my decaf. She never once came back to see how our food was or if we needed anything. She was obviously very busy gossiping with the other waitress about the waitress who was working the night before not doing her job correctly. Word to the wise...no one wants to hear the problems going on with the staff...if we want drama we will watch t.v. The food was good and the portions were average but when we got the bill it was almost $35!!! For two omelets two cups of coffee and pancakes and sausage!!! Your kidding me right??? This isn't Boston for goodness sake it's Gloucester!!! I will never go back again it's just not worth the money. Oh, ya one more thing if you the waitress (Lisa) are reading this review and wondering why we only left a 17% tip... it's because the service was horrible and probably the main reason we will not be back. I never leave under a 20% tip but to me we over tipped with 17% because of the service. Do yourself a favor if you are in Gloucester do NOT bother going here it's just not worth the price or service.

2 Thank bluedaisy1186
Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food, view and service were good”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The food was very good as was the service. There is a pretty view of a sprawling marsh if you get to the restaurant early. Pricing was higher than I would have expected for the atmosphere. $20.95 lobster roll, but overall good food.

• Visited August 2013