“Good Food, Good Service but…”
Review of Lobsta Land

Lobsta Land
Ranked #7 of 144 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2013

On our way back from a late meeting we decided to stop by Lobsta Land for the first time this season. First I must say that our waitress Barbara was wonderful, smiling, helpful even with her being very busy.
I had the bouillabaisse and being from the south of France was apprehensive. However this dish is really good closer to a ciopino than a bouillabaisse. The saffron is not perceptible.
My wife had the scallops and I had the left over the following day for lunch; Delicious.
Prices are average high. I was stunned by the price of the lobster: $41 for a 2 pound lobster that’s a rip off but tourists find it OK.
The only bad came from the bartender. I asked for a drink with just one or two cubes of Ice. The drink came full of ice. I told our waitress who immediately went to change it. The bartender just took of the ice living the glass totally diluted in water. Our waitress was not happy when I told her and the third time I had a drink as I wanted it.
Someone who used to work in the restaurant told me that they use frozen lobster meat in their prepared dish. Shame if it’s true and I have no reason to question the reliability of the source.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

This place looks like a Pizza Hut, but the food is fantastic. Our waitress was great too (Christine). Must try the risotto and steamed "Lobsta"...pass on the lobster roll.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

While in the area we needed to find a place for dinner. It was not right inside the city, but was on a main road in and out of town. Once we sat down we quickly learned it was a favorite of many locals, which is usually good for us tourists too. we liked all our entrees, and our salads. we did not order drinks or dessert, so I cannot comment on that, but service and quality was very good. We ordered Lobster Mac, Lobster roll, and something else I cannot remember, but we all loved our food and would return again if we are in the area.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great place, great food, great staff!! My kids love their food. My 12 year old's favorites are the mussels and pulled pork sandwich. My 8 year old loves their chicken fingers. I loved the baked stuffed shrimp. Breakfast is great too! French toast is amazing! You can't go wrong here! They have a nice bar for nightlife atmosphere.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

You bet.

Places with kitschy names are always suspect. But on tip from a local, we decided to give it a try. This was was some serious lobster. Served whole, with minimum fuss, it was just perfect. Our server, Christine was friendly and attentive. Great experience.