“Great place for breakfast”
Review of Lobsta Land

Lobsta Land
Ranked #6 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Great service, frendly staff, cooked to perfection. Can relax there -plenty of parking open at 7am (closed now for season)

Reviewed December 12, 2012

The name coupled with a less-than-impressive building facade may make you think 'tourist trap'. This couldn't be further from the truth. If it is atmosphere you want, this may not be the place for you but if you want great food and friendly, professional service, please go to Lobsta Land.The menu is varied, portions generous, prices reasonable and, most of all, the food is consistently delicious. There are weekly specials using the freshest of ingredients. From beer battered scrod and wild mushroom ravioli to Portuguese-style haddock to grilled hanger steak, everything is cooked to perfection. For a wonderful view of the marsh, sit in the back. Lobsta Land serves breakfast and lunch as well as dinners. Closed mid-December til April.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The lobster chowder was perfect. a light cream broth with the right amount of lobster and veggies. Even though in Mass. we had Maryland crabcakes. Not the best but pretty darn good. ( I lived In Maryland!)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were looking for somewhere to eat after a whale watching trip. I was looking though the restaurants in our GPS, and we came across this funny sounding place, and decided to check it out.

Am I ever glad we did! We had clam chowder and scallops satay to start, and both were mouthwateringly delicious! I had the beer battered scrod, (which I had never heard of before, we're from Canada) and my husband had the fish and chips. Both were amazing! The batter was light, and not greasy, and the tartar sauce was awesome!

Our server was very friendly, and chatted with us about Gloucester, and its history. I highly recommend this place! We paid over $60 for lunch, (we were hungry obviously) but that included 2 appetizers, 2 meals and 2 beer and the tip. Well worth every penny!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Quite a pleasant surprise. The building is nothing to talk about, but the fish is fresh and tasty.
The chowder is great even though next time I would order the bigger portion instead of the cup. Their fisherman's soup is big and tasty. Servers were nice and efficient, the food was served pretty fast, even though I must admit it was not rush hour. I would love to go back.