“Decent Pizza--Great Lobster Roll”

Surfside Subs and Pizza
Order Online
Ranked #56 of 153 Restaurants in Gloucester
Description: Surfside Subs and Pizza. Subs made with fresh bread baked every hour throughout the day. Grilled lobster rolls filled with fresh lobster meat. 18 inch thin crust specialty pizza. Margherita, Pollo Pesto, Sausage Cacciatore, Melanzane, Vegetarian, Capriccioso, Classico, Napoletana and more! Also gluten free pizza. Located directly next to Long Beach Dairy Maid featuring over 100 flavors off ice cream!
Reviewed October 20, 2018

One thing I like about East Coast places is the ability to get pizza by the slice. They had a good deal on a full pizza, but that would have been too much for us--so a slice and a lobster roll, split between my wife and I, sufficed. Next door to a good ice cream place. Counter service and it can get crowded and was for us, and we were there off season in early May. There can be a bit of a wait for both service and food. It was ok by us. Close to the beach too. Very casual. Best deal is half-price lobster roll on Tuesday. We missed it by a day. But it's good even at full price.

Date of visit: May 2018
carlo7161, Owner at Surfside Subs and Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your well expressed review. My staff and I truly appreciate it.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

Lesson learned- call ahead. We didn't think to and had quite a wait. Went on a Friday night and got a steak bomb and a surfer's pizza. They only have 18 inch pizzas and 12 inch gluten free. Lots of different styles. They have a large assortment of subs and steak bombs. There's some seating with booths but not a huge amount and it's not a big space. The steak bomb was just okay. The pizza wasn't that great. Half of it was extremely burnt. It definitely was not worth $28 (yes, you read that right). I'd go again if they had cheaper/smaller pizzas available but wouldn't spend the time nor money to go for the food we came away with again.

Date of visit: June 2018

Thank you for your review. We have 1/4 pie slices for those who find a whole pie to be more than they want.

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Visited Surfside Subs last night. Arrived 2 mins before closing (9pm) and Carlos was so accommodating. Even though the grill was just cleaned for the night he still took my order and made me 2 mouthwatering lobster rolls. And for 11.95 each you cant beat that anywhere. After that my wife and I had ice cream for dessert. Trust me a small is all you need! Delicious and the staff is amazing. Definitely a 5star rating!

Date of visit: August 2018
carlo7161, Owner at Surfside Subs and Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

David - Thank you so much for your review. Our lobster rolls have become a Hugh hit with the locals as well as tourists. Every Tuesday, thru out the season, we sell our lobster rolls for about $8 less than our regular price. I hope to see you next season.
Carlo & Doreen

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

This was the best gluten free pizza I've ever had. The gluten free crust was very similar to non gluten free crust, and with toppings, it was like eating real pizza again. Delicious!!! Regular crust slices are huge. 1 slice is the size of 2 at other places. Salad has romaine lettuce instead of iceberg and is a large portion size. Great location with Long Beach right next door. The only negative is there is not a good drink selection, just soda.

Date of visit: August 2018

Thank you for your comments. We have a large selection of drinks at the Long Beach Dairy Maid which is in the same building and part of the same company.

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

The pizza here is delicious! It may be more expensive but the pizza size is huge! It is the best pizza around!

Date of visit: August 2018

I showed your comments to our staff and we all apreciate it very much. Thank you.