“They won't get another penny from us!”

Surfside Subs and Pizza
Order Online
Ranked #53 of 154 Restaurants in Gloucester
Description: Surfside Subs and Pizza. Subs made with fresh bread baked every hour throughout the day. Grilled lobster rolls filled with fresh lobster meat. 18 inch thin crust specialty pizza. Margherita, Pollo Pesto, Sausage Cacciatore, Melanzane, Vegetarian, Capriccioso, Classico, Napoletana and more! Also gluten free pizza. Located directly next to Long Beach Dairy Maid featuring over 100 flavors off ice cream!
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

we bought a pizza for $28! thought we'd try it out. it was badly burned and inedible. we called to complain and they took 3 days to get back to us. When they finally did, they offered us a $10 gift card for their shop, refusing to correct or replace the order or give us money back . We had to go home and make dinner after throwing away near $30. WE WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS HERE AGAIN AND FEEL RIPPED OFF AND STOLEN FROM.

Date of visit: August 2018
carlo7161, Owner at Surfside Subs and Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Thank you for your critique. We have improved on our response time. You can now call me directly if you have a complaint. I will get back to you within a day. Our staff is instructed to give my cell number to any customer who wants to speak with me.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

We ordered 3 subs, a GF pizza, a specialty pizza and a slice of cheese
They told us they were waiting to give us all the food together, we got the GF pizza after 35 minutes. Then the meatball sub was given to us (b/c they screwed up someone else’s order) and our sub was not correct. And my Nephew said the meatball sub was tasteless. After an hour and 15 minutes we got the specialty pizza. Then after asking about one of the subs (as the other sub was to go) we finally got the sub to be eaten there 1:30 hours after arriving. The last sub came out 10 minutes later. All of the subs were burnt. When I nicely asked to speak to the manager so I could explain the situation (there wasn’t any manager on hand) they offered us a coupon for 1/2 off and ice cream. Then when we were leaving (w/out IC) they were saying they’d tell them they’d let us have buy 1 ice cream get one free (same technically as the coupon). My mom who had shelled out $80 for our food said, no we’re not giving any more of our $$ to you all.

The regular pizza we ordered had a great taste and was only slightly burnt, otherwise the rating would have been 2 stars.

We initially went here rather than a “real” sit down restaurant as my niece had to be somewhere 1 hr after we arrived. It took SO long to get the food that after we were through eating she was too late to go to her meeting.

Date of visit: July 2018

Thank you for your review. I appreciate that you thought the pizza tastes great. It’s baked in a 700 degree oven and they all come out slightly charred. I am sorry that we unable to coordinate you order better. We are very busy from the time we open till the the end of the season and we make mistakes. Please call me and Allow me to make you a happy customer. 508-284-7080.
Thanks,
Carlo

Reviewed April 21, 2018

We'd been looking for an hour for just the right spot and then we agreed on Surfside. Everything tasted fine -- the pizza slices and the veggie sub. But I was amazed that three slides, one small sub, and two drinks would be $32. We got ice cream afterwards, and their attached ice cream stand seemed a better deal -- and it definitely was very tasty. This place stands alone along the scenic road to Rockport -- so maybe it can and needs to charge a lot.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Pizza subs pasta but also the BEST lobster roll in Gloucester Rockport area, never got anything but the best. Nice people owner a great person.

Date of visit: July 2017
2  Thank John Z
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

We've come here for years but our last visit was so bad we'll not return. We ordered two pizzas...one with two toppings, the other with four. We paid $50 for dry, tasteless pies with almost no sauce and a few bits of cheese. I don't know what's happened, but we won't go back.

Date of visit: September 2017