“Three's a Charm” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Defiance Sail Charters - Day Tours

Defiance Sail Charters - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Windfall, our elegant 49-foot sailing vessel, is available for day or overnight sailing charters.We dock for the summer season (June–October) in historic Gloucester, MA, in Smith's Cove, within walking distance to the famed artist colony of Rocky Neck. Summer charters are also available out of Boston or any accessible New England port. Or, use Windfall as your floating B&B (Boat & Breakfast dockside) while visiting the lovely Cape Ann region.We head south in autumn to go sailing in the beautiful, sunny Sea of Abaco from late February through May. Meet us at our base of operations at the fabulous Baker's Bay Club in Great Guana Cay, Abaco, Bahamas. Or, charter Windfall for island hopping anywhere in the Bahamas.
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Three's a Charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Well actually all three visits to the Bahamas with Defiance Sail Charters have been more than charming. They have been spectacular! We were greeted with delicious tropical cocktails and a beautiful sunset. Now I don't think Captains Lisa ans Raffi had anything to do with the sunset, but they certainly would have tried if need be.
They know all the places to go, from snorkeling to beach combing to shops and restaurants. But there really wasn't a need for restaurants because Lisa's cooking is wonderful!
If you prefer a destination a little less exotic, Windfall is docked in Gloucester, MA during the summer. I highly recommend a sail with Lisa and Raffi. Whether it is a few hours or a few days it is worth the trip.
Accommodations are beautiful. Sleeping quarters are cozy and all the comforts of home are right on board. Please don't pass up a chance to experience Defiance Sail Charters.

Visited April 2014

Marshfield, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Escaped to the Bahamas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Enduring this year's exceptionally cold & snowy New England winter was torture. So, I decided to escape & join Defiance Sail Charters in the Bahamas...best decision ever!
The cost was not only reasonable but was actually significantly less than chartering & then having to provision a bareboat vessel. Plus there was the added advantage of Captain Raffi's years of experience & knowledge in the Sea of Abaco. I didn't have to worry about winds, tides or navigation. Instead I relaxed & enjoyed our island hopping sails aboard "Windfall" to; the most beautiful white sand beaches, snorkeling the world's 3rd largest Barrier Reef, hanging out & ring tossing at the best beach bars & visiting several historical sights. And, Lisa's culinary skills rival that of many fine restaurants.
Captain Raffi arranged all Marsh Harbour airport transfers for me. Boy, I pitied the poor driver who delivered me kicking & screaming for my return flight to Boston.
I'll be back...sooner than later!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank LKH3-2014
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Great day for a sail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We booked a charter 5-hour sail with Captain's Raffi and Lisa on the Windfall, a 49' Hinkley sail boat moored at Beacon Marine - Smith Cove in Gloucester, MA. It was a perfect day for sailing...partly sunny skies, winds out of the SW at 15-20 MPH, and we were sailing between 7 and 8 knots...what a true pleasure of a day. With family and friends aboard it was a great afteroon on the water. We have been sailing at least once a year on the Windfall since the summer of 2003, and this year did not disappoint!

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Great value for sailing trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I looked at similar tours out of Boston which cost anywhere from $700-1200 for three hours, and this was just a fraction of the price for a very nice vessel, amenities, and crew. It was well worth the trip to Gloucester, which was a more beautiful harbor to sail in as well. The boat offered exactly what I wanted... the ability to walk around the entire vessel, enjoy food and complimentary beer/wine, and take in the open sea views. Little did I know that the captain would provide us with some history, nautical knowledge and even some humor to boot. This was a wonderful way to spend my 30th birthday with friends, and we felt welcome and perfectly comfortable being festive and having lots of fun on board. Highly recommended

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Team building day on the sea!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I booked the Difiance for a department outing around Boston Harbor in September. It turned out to be the most perfect day in the week and the entire team had a wonderful time. Capt'n raffe and Lisa are skilled host's and not one detail was left untought of. The boat is beautiful and very well maintained. We had the most wondeful time...everyone raved that it was one of our best outings yet! Thank you so much!!!