“BEST FOOD AROUND”

George's Coffee Shop
Ranked #11 of 151 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Georges of Gloucester is a popular breakfast and lunch spot featuring generous portions and great customer service!!
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Best of the Best! Staff is awesome. Food is fresh and good. Coffee is hot and the smiles are endless.

Date of visit: July 2018
Dean S, Owner at George's Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Thank you very much for the kind review!!

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

It took me three trips to Gloucester to find this wonderful breakfast spot. The last trip on 2013, we passed by, but didn’t stop. This time we stopped in on a rainy June day and were amazed at how good the food was here. It was about 10 AM, and the place was packed. Service was great - but a tad slow.
Every thing my family and I ordered, the portions were absolutely huge. The pancakes are literally the size of a dinner plate. I had a breakfast wrap that I couldn’t finish and ate later in the day. If you’re even remotely close to Gloucester stop in this local corner breakfast shop, you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: June 2018

Thank you Ray for the grear review!!

Reviewed July 8, 2018

We consistently go here almost every Sunday. The staff are pleasant and accommodating. Food is consistent and large portions. On Mother's Day they greeted Mom's with a single rose as you left the restaurant. A great touch on a special day. You can tell it is family run an patrons do come first.

Date of visit: May 2018

Thank you Sara for your sweet review, it is very rewarding when our customers recognize the little extras!!

Reviewed July 3, 2018

Many Cape Ann regulars frequent George's for breakfast. Serves a giant size breakfast or a regular sized one. Whatever you wish. Mix and match. Extensive menu. Wait staff friendly and courteous. Expect a wait, but you won't be sorry. Cash only.,

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Ann G

Thank you Ann!! Your review is much appreciated!!

Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

I had gone to.Georges with some friends that came in town. Always super crowded and always loud. I wouldnt complain...but it was really loud...I found a hair in my food...our sever was so.busy...we were afraid to even try to call her over. I would suggest some place different next time

Date of visit: June 2018
Dean S, Owner at George's Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

So sorry you were not pleased with us this visit, I am especially alarmed that you felt "afraid" to call your waitress?? We pride ourselves on family friendly service and our entire staff shares in that vision.hopefully you will give us another chance to win you over. We have also installed acoustic ceiling tiles that have drastically reduced the noise. When we are at capacity there will naturally be some loud chatter from patrons but most have commented on how great the tiles have worked.
Again I hope we get another chance to serve you and if you like contact me via email at strenthica@msn.com as i would love to discuss in further detail.