“Excellent Selection of Chinese, Japanese and Thai Food”
Review of Midori

Midori
Ranked #77 of 139 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: Chinese
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Excellent Selection of Chinese, Japanese and Thai Food”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I actually thought Midori was brand new as I hadn't heard of it until I got a menu in the mail but it looks like it's been around for several months. The last Chinese restaurant in that spot wasn't so good so I probably drove by and never even looked to see if anything new was in the plaza. Shame on me since Midori was an excellent find and a good place to get take-out. My friend and I wanted to get something for the football game and since the menu was handy we decided to try Midori. I got the beef with mushrooms luncheon special which came with fried rice and soup or salad and two items from the standard side list (I got an egg roll and pork). My friend got the house specialty duck which came with chicken and shrimp, plus veggies and white rice. Very tasty. You get a ton of food for what you pay! We had left-overs and then more left-overs! The menu is really varied; you can get Japanese, Chinese and Thai. Inside the restaurant, it looks great. There's a full bar, classy seating and a nice area to wait. The woman told us ten minutes and she wasn't lying. Great if you're in a hurry and picking up food! We're definitely going to go again. I saw several sushi items that I really want to try and the menu is so diverse that you could go several times and have something completely new and different from your last order each time.

• Visited December 2012