“Superb vegan catering for our wedding!”
Review of Willow Rest

Willow Rest
Ranked #22 of 144 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Melissa catered for our vegan wedding and the entire process was fabulous! Exceeded expectations all around. Guests -- even non-vegetarians -- raved about the food. It was beautifully presented and reasonably priced. Melissa was so nice and laid-back. Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 23, 2014

What a delightful, simple, organic country store and market. A few tables are displaced throughout the market with one large seating table, and cribbage boards available to use. Our food was delicious, with very fresh ingredients and just the right amount of seasoning. I had the chicken wrap (spinach) with fresh green, black beans, large pieces of chicken, and pineapple spicy salsa, which was absolutely fabulous. Best sandwich I have ever had. My husband had the egg salad sandwich which was also very good. Would highly recommend for delicious food and an interesting atmosphere.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

I LOVE this place, on the way to Annisquam or Rockport, I go the long way just to grab something to eat here. Their falafel sandwich is AmAzIng, messy, but hey! Tiny little seating area, but on a sunny day I bring my book and eat outside on these funky little tables almost in the parking area, but it's great to take that sandwich to go, and hang out at the beach somewhere. I hate to tell you this, but their chocolate cupcake/muffin with cream cheese frosting is worth the trip, I tend to call ahead, and have them put mine aside because too often they're out of them. I sure hope you don't grab the last one before I get there.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Best breakfasts around, creative, delicious, fresh seasonal selections, meat and veggies from their organic market offerings. Owner run - Fresh produce market - cheese - coffee - baked goods - sandwiches too! Appears to be a gas station from outside - a disguise that tries to keep the place to the locals!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Willow Rest is my first stop in Gloucester every summer to pick up essentials like milk and to grab a few baked goodies. They carry everything you need to pull together a quick meal (plus they make sandwiches too!) but go several hours before dinner because they do tend to run out of things at the end of the day