Willow Rest
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I LOVE this place, on the way to Annisquam or Rockport, I go the long way just to grab something to eat here. Their falafel sandwich is AmAzIng, messy, but hey! Tiny little seating area, but on a sunny day I bring my book and eat outside on these funky little tables almost in the parking area, but it's great to take that sandwich to go, and hang out at the beach somewhere. I hate to tell you this, but their chocolate cupcake/muffin with cream cheese frosting is worth the trip, I tend to call ahead, and have them put mine aside because too often they're out of them. I sure hope you don't grab the last one before I get there.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Best breakfasts around, creative, delicious, fresh seasonal selections, meat and veggies from their organic market offerings. Owner run - Fresh produce market - cheese - coffee - baked goods - sandwiches too! Appears to be a gas station from outside - a disguise that tries to keep the place to the locals!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Willow Rest is my first stop in Gloucester every summer to pick up essentials like milk and to grab a few baked goodies. They carry everything you need to pull together a quick meal (plus they make sandwiches too!) but go several hours before dinner because they do tend to run out of things at the end of the day

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had the opportunity to taste the crab cakes that are handmade at this restaraunt a few weeks ago, and I needed to find this place to see what else they had and what it was like. Well worth the trip and the sandwich that we got for take out was a cuban special, really good! We were on our way to Halibut Point and I spotted the Willow Rest and we immediately pulled into their small parking lot. A really great find, good fresh food, local fruits and vegatables as well as home baked goods. Well priced and delicious. We noticed that they also serve breakfast with great choices and specials. I am hoping to try the breakfasts out sometime soon. We will be stopping there often on our way to Halibut Point to watch the sunset. If you want to eat there it is very cozy and there are a few tables. A really fun and funky spot. Find it!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is a local secret which I almost don't want to review because it is so small and special. For instance, my husband and I had breakfast there yesterday: we had a strawberry pancake (one fluffy totally home made plate-filling delight) with a side of bacon and home made organic stone ground oatmeal with nuts and berries. Our lunch favorite is a Cuban sandwich with pulled pork which we share between us because it is so large and richly filled. The quality of the food sold here is superlative. Locally baked bread, cakes and cookies, fine meats and cheeses, exotic chocolates and great vegetables, some grown by the owner's family. They pack a lot of wonderful into a small space.