“Unfriendly and unwelcoming waitstaff”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Minglewood Tavern

Minglewood Tavern
Ranked #53 of 136 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, International
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Located attached to Lat 43 in Gloucester, MA, with its own website, menu is varied,
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Unfriendly and unwelcoming waitstaff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I came here in January with a group of friends on a Saturday night when they were hosting The Dejas. The atmosphere seemed pretty good, but there were no open tables. We stood in the back to wait for a place to sit and within 2 minutes we were scolded by a waitress who said she "wasn't being rude" but we were in her way and she was trying to get her job done. In my judgement she was extremely rude and offered no other suggestion for a place we could stand.
She proceeded to go to guests tables to tell them about how we were in her way. So unprofessional and childish.
We left extremely annoyed and will never be going back.

• Visited January 2013

“Tasty pub grub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Tasty food and nice ambience. Always happy with the food and service. I had the pumpkin soup, it was very filling. Cobb salad was very big and fresh.

Portsmouth
“Second time is a charm!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I am a bartender in Portsmouth and I love trying to find new fun watering holes. Last year I came to Gloucester to hang withfriends and we went to mingle wood tavern for beers and apps. The bartender was cold and not very friendly. A few weeks ago I came down to see my friends to watch the Pats play and they suggested the tavern. I really didn't want to go, but thought I'd give it another shot. Well needless to say I'm very glad I did! The bar was full except for a few random seats. The bartender said not to fear that she would make room for us. After we got our seats, Misty, introduced herself and a few of the regulars, which I really liked. She had everyone laughing and before I knew it we'd been there for 3 hours! She was spot on with the beer and food recommendations as well. As a fellow bartender, I find it refreshing to still come across bartenders that really do love their jobs. I will come back again if in the area.

Thanks misty for the laughs!!!!

Jade and friends

• Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I are getting married this spring and have been looking at places in his home town of Gloucester for our rehearsal dinner. One place we had been thinking about was latitude 43. We just happened to walk-in Minglewood instead and we got such a warm welcome from the bartender, Misty, that we stayed! As she engaged us in conversation we mentioned the fact that we may use latitude for our rehearsal dinner. She then got a menu and went through all the apps, entrees, and drinks that she thought were exceptional. This was a god send for us! We just wanted to extended our gratitude for her taking the time to help us.

Thank you!!!!

Becky and Glen Stinger

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Becky S
Boston, Massachusetts
“Loud at night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Quite loud at night... I ordered a virgin mojito and it came in a gigantic glass which was great! Didn't have dinner there, just dessert. Their chocolate cake was absolutely delicious. The key lime pie was good, but not great - it just needed to be chilled more... I don't think anyone likes a warm key lime pie =) If you like a night life, you might like this place.

Visited August 2012