All reviews continental breakfast yogurt great view rooms are clean our home away from home heated pool very nice place to stay beautiful pool downtown gloucester view of the ocean new england close to town minute drive cape ann area cup of coffee baked goods the east coast
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I stayed at the Vista for 4 nights at the end of August 2010. I've been to Gloucester a few times and have always stayed at either Bass Rocks or Atlantis. Since they were both booked, I tried the Vista. I wasn't expecting much, since it's an older motel with a "mom and pop" feel. I was wrong. They had a really nice continental breakfast by the pool area and if you couldn't find what you wanted, the'd get it for you. The outdoor pool was very clean but wasn't heated as stated. The area around the pool was beautifully landscaped, with comfortable loungechairs. The Vista is literally a 10-12 minute walk to the footbridge of Good Harbour Beach. If you have a lot of stuff, you can drop off other members of your party at the beach, then park at the hotel and walk back. This will save you the $25 parking fee ($15 with the coupon the hotel will give you). The only rooms available were smoking, but there was no odor at all. I had an efficiency with 2 double beds. Yes, the room and decor were old looking, but it was spotless. The only negatives were that the TV was very tiny and hard to see, and the mattresses were old and uncomfortable. Even so, I will stay at the Vista the next time I visit, as opposed to the more "upscale" Bass Rocks. I believe the key to success for any business is great customer service, and that is what I found at the Vista. The staff was unbelievably exceptional, everyone from the front desk to housekeeping to the groundskeepers. The owners must treat their staff well and with respect because it shows in their morale. They all do an outstanding job and I recommend this hotel to anyone planning to visit the area.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank NYC731
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We drove to Gloucester from Logan Airport in pouring rain, not knowing what to expect and were pleasantly surprised at the good location of the hotel, up on a bluff overlooking the water. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was warm and helpful. A young man took time from his other duties to help us up the stairs with our heavy bags and the clerk was happy to help us figure out where to go for dinner. We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2010

The Vista was a nice hotel, a bit dated in some aspects but you can't beat the view from the room when you wake up in the morning. The mattress I slept on make springy noises when I laid on it, but the room was clean.
There was a nice breakfast in the morning, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

I do wish there was a drop box by the front office for people who check out early, there was a night manager but there was a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2010

My husband and I go to the Vista almost every weekend in the fall and spring...We have been coming here for at least 5 years now...We love the rooms the staff and the owners...They all feel like family to us....It is our home-away-from-home...Please visit , it is great getaway all year round...
John & Gail Tymoczko

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I was absolutley suprised at the ocean view we had. The room was comfortable,very clean and the grounds were very well kept

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple