All reviewscontinental breakfastyogurtgreat viewrooms are cleanour home away from homeheated poolvery nice place to staybeautiful pooldowntown gloucesterview of the oceannew englandclose to townbaked goodsminute drivecup of coffeecape ann areathe east coast
Reviewed June 3, 2009

I was in town for business, thw room was outdated but VERY clean, my issue was with the woman at the front desk, she was just RUDE, and thats what I will remember about her, when someone is standing in front of you get off the phone, DO NOT argue with the guest. I would like to visit again but there are other hotels in the area that will be happy to have my business.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
6  Thank Traveltheworldfun
Reviewed October 9, 2008

We had a wonderful time at the Vista. Actually we had only planned to spend one night in Gloucester and then head on to Acadia. But we liked it so much we stayed another night. We picked the Vista from our navi and when actually seeing it hoped for them to have any rooms available. Since it being past 6pm, we got a Luxury Room for 90$. Though we had to change rooms due to the Vista almost fully booked the second night, we enjoyed it. Staff was very friendly and you could get A LOT of usefull information on what to do and where to go the office. And if you want to see a beautiful sunrise - just get up early enough and enjoy a spectacular view from your balcony or porch. :o) We definitely have that place marked down for revisiting.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annett19
Reviewed September 16, 2008

My wife and I stayed in a second floor efficiency room which had a king size bed and overlooked a beautiful swimming pool below. The room was spacious, confortable, and included all the essentials. The view from the balcony was fantastic, and included Good Harbor Beach, Twin Lights on distant Thatcher Island, and a saltmarsh filled with egrets and even a majestic blue heron! Sunrises and moon beam reflections on the ocean were not-to-be-missed plusses.
A nice continental breakfast with fresh baked goods is available. Those wanting a more substantial breakfast might wish to try Charley's on nearby Bass ave, a short walk from the motel. It's a locals haunt and the food/prices are great.
Although we had made reservations, we arrived a day early and were lucky to have owner Laura Dow accomodate us in such a kindly manner. The office personnel were all very helpful, and couldn't have been nicer. Positive Management by Laura and her husband is evident throughout, and the grounds are beautifully maintained. We had a fabulous week there!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank seniorbill
Reviewed September 2, 2008

This motel was wonderful. Everyone was very helpful, friendly and extremely pet friendly. It was a wonderful vacation for my dog and I. I would highly recommend this motel - great pool, close to Good Harbor beach, and we walked into downtown Gloucester. We stayed in a 1st floor efficiency. Guests were thoughtful, quiet, and everything was wonderful. Hope you get the opportunity to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2008

My husband and I just got back from a great week-end in Gloucester. The Vista is affordable, the staff was pleasant and helpful, the location is only a short walk to Good Harbor Beach. Our room was spacious and clean. It was wonderful to have a balcony to sit and look at the view but a little privacy would have been nice -- it was hard not to join in the conversation going on next door. We would have liked a little fruit and a few less donuts included with the complimentary breakfast too, but the free newspapers were a nice touch.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple