The Vista
Beauport Hotel Gloucester(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$300
$255
Atlantis Oceanfront Inn(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$170
Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$171
$166
Sea Lion Motel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$124
$117
$119
Rockport Inn and Suites(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$159
Eagle House Motel(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$118
Eagle House Beachside(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$128
Captain's Bounty on the Beach(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$229
All reviewscontinental breakfastgreat viewyogurtrooms are cleanheated pooldowntown gloucesterview of the oceannew englandminute drivecape ann areathree nightsbaked goodsone night staynice poolcoffee makercarportefficiency
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We found this purely by chance during 3 week New York-New England-Boston tour and what a good find. We were offered the standard ground level and delux 2nd floor with balcony. Looked at both and for two of us for two nights the standard room was perfect and the view was very nice. Delux room is huge but both were very good value for the price. The staff were fantasticly helpful and breakfast was one of the best of the inclusive ones we had offered.
I have seen some comments about outdated rooms which I can understand but I think give the impression they are worse than they actually are. We stayed in worse rooms in more modern hotels/motels for higher prices than this. Being able to sit outside on the veranda (patio) after being out all day and look at the sea/beach view was a real bonus. The rooms we well kept and clean, except when you looked behind the bedside cabinet, not something I normally do but I was chasing an insect.
Anyway a good find and we would be more than happy to use this motel again even for a longer stay if we are ever back in the area.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I visit rockport and Gloucester every year on our anniverary.We have tried different motels and this year we picked a dud on route 128 in Gloucester. The room had a bad odor and the fridge had mold in it and there was a loud nasty party two rooms down.The owner tried to make amends but i was too dissapointed.We called the Vista and the owner Laura told us to come over and she would help us.What an under statement.She gave us a terrific room and discounted it for us.What started out as a rainy dissapointing day turned out to be one of the absoloute best stays we have had.Big room, big tv, big bed,big impression.No more looking we found the best.Thank you for sharing the best with us and saving our anniversary Laura. allan &linda

Room Tip: Ask Laura she's the best
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I are mid fifties professionals. Our stay at Vista in a King Deluxe was great. Vista is a clean and nicely appointed family run motel. If you need "franchise modern" or a snobby Inn this is not your place. If you want a nice accomodations, a great view, good value and very friendly staff you will love it. This place is IDEAL for mature couples (30+). Not so great for children. The scrumptious breakfast over looking the ocean is perfect for engaging other travellers in friendly conversation. It is a good base for North Shore activities. We felt like we stepped back in time to a nicer era.

Room Tip: The King Deluxe rooms did overlook the terrace rooms but did not really obstruct the view. They required access via a flight of stairs but came with a convenient covered car park underneath the unit. Older travellers might opt for the ease of the south teraace units. The north wing looked nice but we did not see inside.
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We came on the Vista by chance driving up the coast. We were given a huge room with a balcony and a fabulous view facing east. The room was spotless although not as modern as some. The owner was so helpful with suggestions for restaurants in town, even pointing out an early bird special at one that is not advertised (I took advantage of that); in the morning she recommended a local drive to take which we thoroughly enjoyed. For families there are sandy beaches close by and I noticed they were very family friendly. I was sorry were were passing through and not staying for longer. In the morning I was up to see the most glorious sunrise over the horizon. This could be the new destination over Cape Cod. . .. A continental breakfast with newspaper was served and one had the choice of eating on the patio or indoors. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for the east facing view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed for two evenings and both nights I really enjoyed sitting outside while looking at the beach. It was a welcomed break from the stress! I know some people don't care for the decor, but I couldn't care less. As long as the room is clean(which my room was), then I'm happy. My stay exceeded my expectations and I have every intention of returning.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo