All reviewscontinental breakfastyogurtgreat viewrooms are cleanour home away from homeheated poolvery nice place to staybeautiful pooldowntown gloucesterview of the oceannew englandclose to townminute drivecape ann areacup of coffeebaked goodsthe east coast
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The view is fantastic, and within walking distance to all the stores and shops. Nice place, nice people.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed at the Vista for 3 nights in the beginning of April 2012. The place is appropriately named - the motel is set up on a hill overlooking a beautiful bay and beach. Water's a little cold for my taste, I'm from Florida. The rooms were absolutely great and prices were reasonable if not very good. But mainly the staff was wonderful - even better than the setting and the accomodations. Helpful, friendly, good office coffee but mail helpful. I went outside at about 2 a.m. and it was 28 degrees. In my jambes and bathrobe. And of course, the door locked behind me. At 2 a.m. At 28 degrees. I banged on the office door as visions of hypothermia were setting in, and presto! - the owner came down, gave me key and I got back in. Until about 6 a.m., when I did it again! And they gave me another key! Seems simple, but they were already cruising for a very favorable review, and then bumped it up by stopping me from freezing to death, allowing me to write this.
I'd stay there any time and given that it's only about 45 minutes from Boston, I might make it a base of operations if I were to go to Boston for 2 or more nights.
Oh yeah, excellent TV and wifi, and refrigerator and refrigerator and stove. All mod cons.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor for the view, but the first floor is fine as well
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alex C
Reviewed March 28, 2012

OK....,so it was 80 degrees for two days in March. What is a beach loving couple from the Albany area to do? Answer: Play hookie from work, go to Good Harbor Beach (beautiful) and stay at the Vista Motel that is walking distance to the beach. That is exactly what we did.

The Vista was one of a very few "open year round" hotel-motels in the Gloucester area. The price was very reasonable and albeit the efficeincy we stayed in was a bit dated, it was absolutely without question, one of the cleanest rooms I have ever seen. Fresh paint, clean linens, clean carpets and very well facilitated. This was a wonderful and very pleasant surprise.

The staff is very personable and informative about where to dine. When you say:"The best bang for your buck", you should be thinking about the Vista with it's views and cleanliness.
It was "cool beans" and we would go back on a heartbeat! C & C Valatie, NY

Room Tip: Get the Second Floor Efficeincy Rooms. Big with great views and a great balcony to enjoy some libations....,
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CJBCAB76
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I stayed here with a friend for another girls weekend. The room was a little dated, but the view made up for that. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony and having a cocktail or morning mimosa. We got a great deal to stay here and we would stay again. Having a small fridge and microwave was helpful as we brought our own food. The staff was friendly and the Vista is close to everything. Good Harbor beach is right acroos the street. We had a nice stay at the Vista.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ChathamCC
Reviewed January 7, 2012

went for my nieces wedding which was Oct. 9th @ Essex Lodge but couldn't stay there because was with handicapped mom. Overlooked bay with tiny public beach that is dog friendly after Sept. 15th. Hiked @ dawn, beautiful sunrise! Went into town for gr8 restaurants and also brought back Lobster in a carry on! Just the right size box. After you get the hang of driving the round-abouts it is very quick and easy to get around the area in a rental. Really need a car if you want to see the area well. But is possible to walk around town. Only bad driving experience was getting out of the Boston airport, the tunnels suck and you have to use them. Just get ready to get jammed up.

Room Tip: Old fashioned Motel style, only 2 floors. Acceptable continental breakfast available. all rooms have a good view of a small bay. Not a lot of parking. Nice grocery store around behind place if take the adjacent side street. Wish I found it 1st day instead of 2nd to last.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family