“Fantastic Vistas”

Atlantis Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Gloucester
Reviewed September 13, 2006

We are delighted that we chose The Atlantis as our anniversary getaway location. The sunrise was breathtaking, the view was awesome, the breakfasts were delightful, the personnel were friendly and helpful, and I honestly have to say I have never stayed at a cleaner motel in my life. We were very impressed and definately plan to return.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank Catsandus

Reviewed August 9, 2006

This was our first time to the Gloucester area. After looking on line for a place near the ocean, we picked the Atlantis. WE HAD THE BEST TIME. The view was picture perfect. You could watch the waves crash on the rocks and at night if you left the door open to the balcony, you could see the night fishing boats as you listened to the waves. The staff was the FRIENDLIEST ever and most helpful. The breakfast cafe was absolutely perfect and the food was delicious. We stayed for 2 nights and I wish it could have been a lot longer. The room was spotless and we have absolutely NO COMPLAINTS whatsoever. We enjoyed visiting the nearby beach for the morning sunrise (you have to see that) and also nearby Halibut State Park and just in general it was great. We will definitely be back. We recommend this motel to families, couples, anyone. We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. We chose the perfect place. Thank you Atlantis Motel.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
12  Thank 5jays
A TripAdvisor Member
Amherst Ma
Reviewed June 6, 2006

My family stayed at the Atlantis Motor Inn over Memorial Day Weekend. It was our first trip to Gloucester. Well, let me tell you we will most definitely return to that town and to the Atlantis. The rooms are immaculate and charming. There is a peaceful simplicity to the rooms that allows you to focus on the incredible expanse of the Atlantic Ocean just beyond your window. The weather was fantastic and the staff helpfully directed us to beaches and launching sites for our kayaks. Each morning we feasted on hearty breakfasts. For dinner we were directed by the staff to various reastaurants that suited our individual tastes. Gloucester is a gem and the Atlantis a treasure. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2006
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 17, 2006

My husband and I stayed here one weekend and were really impressed by the views and cleanliness. The rooms are pretty big and the everything appears to be recently renovated. We ate breakfast both mornings at the inn and really enjoyed it. The staff was very friendly and overall we were pleased with our stay. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: May 2006
11  Thank Shannon R
Reviewed October 6, 2005

My husband and I and our 3 kids (ages 6, 14, & 15) had an incredible stay. I disagree with the previous reviewer slamming this place. We were on the lower level and had a fantastic view of the ocean. And for us, it was a perfect location; because we walked right out our front door...onto the manicured lawn....and up to the pool. It would be nice if the pool was a little bigger, but I would not call it small. It's too bad they haven't posted a picture of the place; it's absolutely gorgeous. It's true that the decor inside the rooms are not extravagant, but it's very clean....with lots of room to put your "stuff" so you're not tripping over it all the time. The breakfast cafe was superb and also had great views of the ocean. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had no complaints at all. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2005
13  Thank ckmNorthwestIndiana
Reviewed September 18, 2005

We weren't sure what to expect after reading the many different reviews, but were pleasantly surprised. If this motel were not on an ocean, it would cost $50-$75, tops. But it IS on the ocean! The waves, the sounds, the sunrises made it all worthwhile. Lots of time spent on the balcony. Very clean, modest rooms with ample space (wish they had queen beds, though!) and with the coffeepot and coffee. Very nice breakfast cafe which was a good value.

No, it's not the Ritz-Carlton - but for $155 (top floor!) it was more than fine.

• Stayed: September 2005
5  Thank DonegalGirlStCharles
Reviewed September 1, 2005

Staying at the Atlantis depends on what you like/don’t like. My boyfriend and I went in August for a few days. First thing I noticed was it is full of kids. When I first booked I asked for 2nd floor and they didn’t have it for all 3 nights so they suggested the lower level which I didn’t know what that meant, thought they only had 2 floors, I expressed I wanted great views and she said there would be from the lower level which really is not true. The patio is lower than the ground, you have steps to go up to the ground level, there are bushes in front of the patio that obstruct the view, which I imagine is gorgeous from the upper levels. The walls are thin and sometimes it sounded like the little kids next door were in my room. If you smoke and do not get a smoking room, they do not allow you to even smoke on your patio or balcony. It is across the street from the ocean and a nice large rocky area for relaxing or fishing. The rooms are super clean and nice, I witnessed the maids cleaning and they work hard and really scrub everything clean. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast in their restaurant is a must, great views and very good food. The pool is nice, small and kept clean, not relaxing for me because, again, it is full of kids. I would return to this hotel but would wait until September when it is less crowded. I would recommend this hotel, as it is definitely one of the nicest in Gloucester.

• Stayed: August 2004
10  Thank NewYorkJacee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Beauport Hotel Gloucester
Cape Ann's Marina Resort
#6 of 7 in Gloucester
Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites

Been to Atlantis Oceanfront Inn? Share your experiences!