We stayed here 6-22-08 to 6-25-08 as a family of four. We rented on a mid-week special for about four hundred bucks. A bargain!Our room was clean as a whistle and on the lower level of this three story motel. We had a view of the ocean looking out across the well manicured lawn. If you desire an unencumbered view of the ocean you'll need to request the middle or top floor. The rooms have doors on the parking lot and ocean side. Nice! Being on the lowest level made loading and unloading luggage a piece of cake. This is a well cared for older establishment with a friendly, helpful staff. The breakfast cafe has an outstanding view of the Atlantic. The food, coffee and service were above average. The bill for the four of us with tip was bit hefty, fifty bucks. There is a walking/jogging path about four feet wide along the edge of the Atlantic and you'll be on it in about a minute from your oceanfront door. Perfect! I walked that path each morning about 6AM and it was just beautiful. Walking along the path and seeing the gorgeous oceanfront homes being cloaked in the early morning mist was heavenly. The rocky shoreline is picture perfect. Good Harbor Beach is about a half a mile down the road and well worth the stroll or bike ride. It's a sandy beach and quite expansive. The kids loved it. One morning I happened upon a group of about twenty swimmers taking an early morning dip at the beach. That'll wake you up! We did a whale watch with the aptly named Cape Anne Whale Watch. We saw Humpbacks and Pilot whales. It was well worth the cost. The motel is about a mile from Gloucester harbor and a few miles from the artsy town of Rockport. The ladies love Rockport guys. At least mine did. It's a shopping thing! I enjoyed it as well. Now quit reading this and and go to Gloucester. The Atlantis and the Atlantic are waiting for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantis Oceanfront Inn offers all the comforts of a large hotel with the freindly, attentive atmosphere of a small inn.We provide pristine accommadations that include oceanviews, air conditioning, refigerators, balconies or terrace sitting areas.Breakfast is offered daily in our oceanfront cafe'. Indulge in our creative and unique menu choices while enjoying the breathtaking view. Swim in our outdoor heated pool or stroll down to Good Harbor Beach just3/4 miles away. Located close to y restaurants, and many exciting activities make the Atlantis a perfect place to stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Atlantis Oceanfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Oceanfront Hotel Gloucester
- Atlantis Oceanfront Inn Gloucester, MA - Cape Ann