“Not bad”

Cape Ann Brewing Company
Ranked #17 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A brew-pub that creates their own craft beers and serves up great pub food along with their incredible drafts.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Conveniently located on Rogers Street. I liked the idea of local brews and being able to eat right on the waterfront. It had a very basic pub menu. The thai chili wings were VERY good and you got quite a few of them. It is family style seating inside...very casual. The waitress was very helpful! Would definitely go back!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stopped here for dinner and the service was lousy. The waitress was frazzled and the food runner acted as he was doing us patrons a favor for being there. Ummm....hello....with so many people needing a job...if you don't want to be there doing your job....then leave. Dinner came for the people next to us and they waited 10 mins after that before they got utensils. We ordered a beer before our food came out and never came. We had to remind them of it. It's a shame cause this place can be better with proper training and some happy people to work there.

M

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great, casual dining and nice place to just have a beer and watch the game. Their craft beer is wonderful. Beat fish tacos I've ever had...and I've had many.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stopped by for lunch during the St Peter's Fiesta and had a great haddock sandwich and the Chili Stout. Yes, I know that sounds weird but the two complimented each other very well. The stout was brewed with their house hot sauce which has habanero peppers in it but it wasn't very spicy, leaving just a hint of heat on my upper palette. The fish was perfectly battered and fried, served so hot I had to wait a few minutes for it to cool to eat it.

I spoke with Jeremy, the owner, about the stout and he said that last year's brew was much hotter. He plans on another batch next year and was a bit disappointed with the heat level this year. I am definitely a hot pepper fan and will stay in touch with him and am certain to return to try next year's creation.

If I didn't have 120 miles to drive home I would certainly have tried a second pint of something else, the folks around me certainly seemed to be enjoying themselves! By the way, beautiful view of the harbor from either inside or outside! Fast service, friendly waitress made this a very enjoyable lunch.

capeannbrewing, Owner at Cape Ann Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Great meeting you last weekend Ron...thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you had a good time. Keep track of us and we'll be sure to let you know the next time the Chili Stout is making it's way to the taps. Cheers!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

RIght on the harbour, this venue is well constructed. The woodwork is gorgeous. The picnic tables make for a great community feel. The service is friendly. The snacks are simple, but delish. There are games and tvs in abundance.

But most of all, the beer is a huge win. Every taste of every genre won us over. Well done, Cape Ann Brewers.