“Hammond Castle”

and up
Gloucester Harbor Cruise with Lobster Bake
Ranked #7 of 61 things to do in Gloucester
More attraction details
Owner description: Medieval-style castle built by inventor John Hays Hammond.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great Place all year round. Take the 'tour' and learn why the pool is Green. Mr. Hammond was a very interesting man. The Great Organ is wonderful if you can get a concert in. The storefronts and art are great to see; especially in Gloucester. Then go down to Stage Fort Park for a beach stroll or swim. Picnic Seaside. The Castle also acommodates functions; wedding, graduations, etc. Halloween is also a special time at the Castle. Check their schedule.

2  Thank chicklone
"couple hours"
"dining room"
"well worth the visit"

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited here last fall and I can't believe I forgot to review it! This place is SO interesting! We loved how unique and eclectic Hammond was and how well his and his wife's personalities were exhibited in their bizarre home. And he clearly had an off-color sense of humor. There is a beautiful courtyard that is climate controlled. The outside grounds are beautiful as well. This is an awesome place! We weren't sorry we visited and I don't think you will be, either.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I live near Hammond Castle and have taken the tour twice. The first time I stepped into the place, I fantasized about having a wedding there. It sits right on the ocean and is simply stunning. The whole time I was there I felt like I was under an enchanted spell. Very special and one of the spots I would highly recommend seeing if you are a visitor or local alike. They have a haunted Halloween season and I have a few friends that work there during that time. I have yet to see it then but it is on my bucket list as it must be the coolest, spookiest Halloween venue around!

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Hammond Castle is def worth to visit! We really enjoyed & explored around inside the castle with lots of history & details of things to see.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hammond, the scientist miliionaire who invented the Hammond radio, built this castle by importing actual bricks and parts of old European Castle. It is not uniform in style, as the parts came from European castles of different styles and periods. The historical tour is a must and extremely interesting, including the old Hollywood and political stories, and the story of his father, who built the other castle in Gloucester, MA. A good one day tour.