“Virgilio's service and quality go above and beyond”
Review of Virgilio's

Virgilio's
Ranked #12 of 139 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: Italian
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Virgilio's service and quality go above and beyond”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Having just returned from a vacation in New Orleans, I wanted to serve some friends a sandwich called a "muffaletta" - originated and very popular in New Orleans. A proper muffaletta is served on a particular type of italian bread - a 10 inch round, flat loaf with sesame seeds. I contacted Virgilio's by phone and spoke with Joe, who, I believe is the owner of Vigilio's. Joe was familiar with the sandwich, but did not have much call for a muffaletta loaf, and therefore, did not typically make this type of bread. He then - unsolicited - suggested that he would be happy to make a few loaves specifically for me. I was floored, not used to receiving this type of individualized attention and service. Sure enough, I picked up the loaves the next day, and they were exactly as I described on the phone. And - the bread was delicious and made an outstanding muffaletta sandwich.
From reading other reviews, I understand that Virgilio's is well-known for their terrific sandwiches, all made with their fresh-baked italian breads. Next time I am in the area, I will definitely stop in to sample one of their famous St. Joseph sandwiches. I am certain that the service and quality will be the same that I experienced, andI know that I will not be disappointed. The italian pastries and desserts looked pretty wonderful also.

• Visited June 2013

Palm Coast
“Hometown favorite”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Never a bad sandwich, loaf of bread, slice of pizza or dessert! This is always a stop when I visit home!

Visited May 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Yummy cannolli”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I took the one with almonds-divine. There are a few tables if you want to stop and eat orjust take it to go

Gloucester, Massachusetts
“The Bread of the Fisherman”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is the most amazing Italian bread. The cannolis are world famous, also dont miss the sandwiches.

Visited January 2013
Southern California
“yum”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Thought this place might be good and a place where the locals go. It was indeed good just a long wait. That being said, there was a street fair going on and I looked around thinking it must be good because it was warm out and everybody in there looked like they knew this place was worth the wait. My boys got salami sandwiches of course!

• Visited July 2012