“Local joint”

Charlie's Place
Ranked #15 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is not a traditional diner but it feels as if it is. The food was average and not overpriced. We came for breakfast and were lucky to get a seat. Eggs were served quickly as ordered, bacon was crispy, coffee okay but had to ask for a refill. The toast choices were good including anadama. Nothing out of the ordinary but an acceptable breakfast.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

If you are looking for good food, it's the place. Looking for a little more atmosphere, might want to try somewhere else.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Lots of good menu specials, all in the $10. range. Very large portions. Clean, friendly staff. Would definitely return.

2  Thank NYBosox
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We shared a very good lobster roll. It was on special on Wednesday for $11.95. I had clam chowder and it was excellent. Prices are good, servers friendly, and best of all food is very good.

1  Thank Keith43
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stopped at Charley' s Place totally by accident this past Sat and I must say it was probably the best casual dining meal I have ever had. My friend and I arrived shortly before lunch was available so our waitress (Dawn) suggested starting with a cup of chower. Could choose among Clam, Lobster and her suggestion was the Haddock Chower. OMG I wanted to get a barrell of this stuff to bring home. Warm but not blistering hot, the haddock pieces were large, tender and tasty. It was amazing how full a cup of chowder could make you feel. For lunch I ordered the Clam Roll and my friend got a fish sandwich. The clam roll must have had 25+ clams and you couldn't even see the roll under the pile of clams. The clams were large, tender and had just the right amount of breading. My friends sandiwch was a decent size and only $6 and I had a part of it which was very good. I would have like to and did seriously consider a piece of the amazing looking chocolate cake but we were too full and the piece of cake was too huge. Dawn was a blast as a waitress and provided great service and had a personality that is perfect for this place. Very somple looking place on the outside but don't hesitate to go here for a great meal. I can't wait to go back.