The Castle Manor Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Atlantis Oceanfront Inn(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$125
The Vista(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$125
$105
Sea Lion Motel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$104
$117
$89
Rockport Inn and Suites(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$159
Travelocity
Eagle House Motel(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$118
Travelocity
Eagle House Beachside(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$128
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe main housedining areascovered decksea glass restaurantbridal suitehome convertedpleasant stayspacious roomnew ownersstayed one nightbottom floormotel styleonsite restaurantnew englandannisquam riversitting areanice continental breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I came here for my birthday a week ago, low and behold I was very pleased with the bar atmosphere on the outside deck. The deck was huge with a beautiful tent and views of the water, with a variety of different seating arrangements to create different atmospheres. The bar is small, but cozy with exposed wood, lattice, and lighting outside. Loved the wine list and cocktail menu, which included new spins on old cocktails, as well as some nifty innovations. TJ, the chef is great the food was outstanding! Our party all shared the spinach dip, fried clams (AAHHMAZING) lobster ravioli's, salmon (perfect med. rare) and the haddock dishes. All of them were cooked extremely well and each of them were very good portions.

I have not stayed overnight at the inn, but for those who are looking for a different dining experience that live around town you must check this place out for food, drinks, and a lovely atmosphere!

Cheers!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lindsay E
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My fiance and I took my parents out for a fathers day dinner with the intent to get a taste of the venue for our up coming wedding. The food was wonderful served to perfection. Laura was more then gracious and gave us an impromptu tour of the venue. The property has much to offer and I hope to have our wedding here in July 2013.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank megrunner
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Just came back from a 3 day stay. Laura and Don have really outdone themselves. The Castle offers a variety of room types. They offer a great menu with awesome food. Great view from covered outside deck with bar and eating area. The Castle offers many things but most of all that one to one service. When in Gloucester you have to check this Diamond that is longer in the rough. I would make sure to only read newer post because there is a new team in town. We will be back. Even got to see some whales on this trip

Room Tip: Ty one of the Turret room's
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank tchjeh
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Through a recent tour I have not only seen every lovely room in this Victorian building (ranging from antique to contemporary decor, but mostly the former), but attended the Grand Opening featuring the massive covered deck, more tours, and a friendly and service-oriented reception by the staff and the new management/ownership, the Baker Family. The bar is very small but the outdoor wraparound porch will make up for this summer months. Recommended!

Room Tip: Even some of the motor lodge style rooms (2 buildings outside the Victorian mansion) have some personality, and some have nice views of the waterway below. If the Victorian ambiance is what you want, reserve a room inside the "castle" itself.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank MissyBauer
Reviewed October 30, 2010

The Manor Inn is a very nice little hotel, I have never had one unpleasant experience there. I have stayed there over 3 times, it is now the only hotel I stay at when I am in Gloucester. It is very affordable, and the staff has always been very cordial and willing to help out with any questions. 2 of the times I have stayed there I brought 2 dogs with me. The hotel was very welcoming to pets and even provided a guide of activities and local places to go with your pet. The rooms were always very clean,and it is in a very peaceful and quiet location, just minutes from the beach . I regret that I have not had time to eat at the resteraunt there, hopefully next time I will get a chance to. I am sure it will be very good to try. I even reccommended it to friends and they loved it as well. Very affordable.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends