“nice morning cruise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Franklin, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“nice morning cruise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

The Cruise went out to the breakwater and back. It is a real fmily operation. The crew consisted of a husband (Captian), his wife and one of their two grown sons. This wife and son were very friendly moving around the boat engaging the passengers in conversation and answering questions. The captian only spoke prior to leaving the Dock and again once we were tied up upon our return

It would have been nice to have a little more comentary on Gloucester Maritime history and the place a schooner like the "Lannon" had in the sucess of the city.

Over all, a good experence

Visited July 2012

65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Watching the Tall Ships from the Thomas E. Lannon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

My mother and I went out on the Thomas E. Lannon to watch the tall ships leave Boston Harbor. Captain Tom and his wife and crew were great, and being able to view the other ships form the water was great. We got to see them close up and under full sail unlike the folks who were stuck watching from land.

Visited July 2011
New Jersey
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Sort of boring...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Compared to other Schooner cruises we've been on, this one was boring. No commentary on the local seaport of info on the area. The sunset wasn't really spectacular. Two hours of rocking and relaxing but it was chilly and uneventful.

Visited June 2012
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

Would recommend to everyone. The company I worked for Gortons booked this after a meeting and it was great.

Springfield, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Expected so much more ... Capt Tom failed - No empathy nor compassion for others!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

When I booked the last cruise of the 2010 season for October 11th sunset sail.... I informed the booking agent that my wife was disabled and would the ship hands be able to accomodate her needs. The response was there would be no problem. Well after we started to board the vessel, the only seat was in the aft and Capt. Tom immediately informed my wife and myself that we had to move once we pulled out of the harbor. We had no problem with moving, but the ship was crowded and my wife spoke up saying "Can you find me a spot since I'm disabled?" In an extreme belligerent tone Capt Tom barked out "We are ALL disabled in some way!" THIS COMMENT spoiled our sunset cruise and our admiration for any of the staff.... WE WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND the Thomas E Lannon cruise if you expect the quality of care and compassion. I will be contacting the US Dept of Health Education and Welfare regarding the American with Disabilities enforcement division to seek a redress of my grievances.

5 Thank VistaRater