“Good food”
Review of Seaport Grille

Seaport Grille
Ranked #3 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Went unexpectedly for lunch before a whale watch. Was a bit more expensive than we had planned on, but food was good with large portions. Would go again. Service was good and staff was friendly.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went on a busy weekend night in the high season. Did not mind the 30 minute wait before our lobster alarm started flashing to say our table was ready. Salivating at the menu that suggested a sophisticated dining experience was ahead judging by the choices and prices. Wrong! When we good inside it was a barn of a restaurant, very busy, very full of people and very, very noisy with a number of people somewhat the worse for wear from alcohol. We were perched on a high table and stools with not much room around the tables so people knocked into us as they walked past. Food was plentiful and cooking acceptable but definitely nothing special and not worth the high price. A three course meal for two came to $100 dollars and I did not feel I had had value for money. Would go back only if everywhere else was full.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Had dinner here twice in the past few weeks. Both times everything was delicious. The biggest, shrimp in the shrimp cocktail I've ever seen. Twin lobster special on Wed. for $15.00. Best sweet potato fries ever. Wonderful special haddock and the salad was fabulous. Big portions and excellent quality. Even the glass of wine was generous. Deserts are fantastic and big enough for four.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

we are regulars. I like the food here in general. But I needed to write this review to say the lobster bisque is outstanding! I had never tried it before, shame on me. The place has a great buzz as always.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was pretty down and wanted lobster to improve my state of mind. I had no idea what a great experience I was in for when I popped in to ask if they serve lobster at lunch time. The only "problem" was that I was seated behind a column and the waitress didn't notice me quickly at first. But she made up for it during the rest of my visit. The helpings are ridiculously enormous. People who use "large" as a descriptor of the portions must be nuts! The wedge salad was enough for a family of four and delicious and covered with cheese, dressing and bacon bits. The lobster was absolutely perfect with tons of drawn butter and two large wedges of fresh lemon. It was just out of the steamer and hot at first, the best temperature a lobster can be. The meat was tender and delicate. I asked for green beans and cole slaw since my diet doesn't allow for potato. Huge portions as well. (She wrapped up the salad, cole slaw and green beans to take with me.) Then, I splurged and ignored my diet by ordering Coconut cake served with rum raisin ice cream and a mound of real whipped cream. OMG! I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven!!

I was born in Gloucester in 1947 and this place, the view of the harbor and the seagulls swarming some fishing boats brought me straight back home. I loved this place and can't wait to go back when we make a trip back to Gloucester in October. Thanks Seaport Grille for one of the best dining experiences of my life. (Even though I was solo for this meal, the waitress made me feel so at home.)