“Quality”
Review of Seaport Grille

Seaport Grille
Ranked #3 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

There is a reason why the grainy dry lobster rolls are $9.95. IT IS FROZEN lobster meat. Any New Englander can tell the difference between FRESH and FROZEN lobster in one bite. They have contacts with a supplier of FROZEN lobster meat that gives them a good deal. If you come to New England looking for GOOD lobster, DO YOUR RESEARCH! The fish in ALL the dishes, is ALSO frozen.

The ONLY fresh things are the Clams and Swordfish. "When available."

1  Thank k_inertia

Reviewed January 2, 2013

If you want the freshest seafood like lobster rolls, whole belly clams (better than any clam house in Ipswich), fish tacos, fish and chips, etc.
set your GPS to the Seaport Grille at 6 Rowe Square, Gloucester MA.
They offer mind blowing 3 course meals on Mon, Tues, and Wed of all homemade diners..appetizors, 3 main entres..a platter (its really a platter)of whole belly clams, a 14 oz sirloin steak or chicken picata, plus ginormous home made deserts. Along with the 3 course meals is either a glass of wine or draft beer. All this meal and drink for $22...YES $22.. I recommend going with someone and splitting one meal. My wife Judy and I have visited the Seaport 4 times in the last 3 weeks and I have gained about 5 pounds but its wonderful. I'll diet this spring. Once you have tried the Seaport I am sure you will agree with my comments shown here. If you see Sheree, the Co Owner of the Seaport, please tell her you are there because you read this review by Cutty. Check out their web site for daily specials. I do.. I only wish I lived closer to Gloucester.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We went for the $9.95 Thursday lobster roll for me, as I love them; however this one is not good. The lobster is all claw and knuckle, and not fresh tasting at all. Dry and grainy , with celery and something seemingly ground up, added as filler. Also had pieces of shell or something hard in the mix.
The waitress was very nice and took it off our bill. My husband had the swordfish steak, and it was excellent; a very fresh, perfectly cooked, large portion which he ended up sharing with me! Overall a disappointment; we had read such good things, but we should have checked here first.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

An average weekday around 1:30 we stopped by for lunch and Seaport Grille's famous cocktails. It was just as wonderful as we experienced for dinner. We ordered the special - lobster scampi, it was no ordinary scampi, it was priced well and was a very large portion. Two claws filled with meat and a split lobster tail were cooked perfectly and still in the shell. The pasta was al dente and the sauce was very garlicky and delicious. The chef adds tomatoes and asparagus and the dish was terrific. Two of us split and we still took home dinner. We also split a wonderful Caesar salad with anchovies and had some left of that for dinner as well.

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

My mother was visiting so I took her to the Seaport as she loves fresh haddock and they always have tasty haddock dishes. I got the salmon and it was delicious. You get plenty of food. We actually couldn't finish and took it home. I love watching the ships in the harbor as I eat. Not too busy in the fall. Prices are on par with other seafood restaurants in the city. A great place to bring out of town visitors who want fresh fish.