“Fun experience 9/14/13”

and up
Whale Watching Tour in Gloucester
Ranked #2 of 27 Tours in Gloucester
More attraction details
Owner description: Cape Ann Whale Watch in Gloucester, Massachusetts provides guaranteed whale sightings for every whale watching tour out to Stellwagen Bank, a national marine preserve about 12 miles off the coast of Gloucester deemed one of the "Top 5 Whale Watching Destinations in the World" by the World Wildlife Fund due to the wide variety of whale species whom migrate to the coast of Gloucester, Massachusetts every year to feed on the abundant natural resources. We provide the best whale watching in New England as it's an awe-inspiring experience which every human being should have the opportunity to appreciate. We make it a very special event. For over 35 years, Cape Ann Whale Watch has been dazzling whale watching enthusiasts with sightseeing tours aboard the largest, fastest and most elegant whale watching vessel in Massachusetts, north of Boston, Massachusetts aptly named "The Hurricane II" due to its immense size and speed as it descends upon its destination. Cape Ann Whale Watch's patrons have the opportunity to spend a lot more time with the whales than with other whale watching companies in Gloucester MA since "The Hurricane II" gets to the whales' feeding grounds with much more expediency as well as traveling home faster, therefore more time is actually spent observing whales including but not limited to Humpback Whales, Minke Whales, Northern Right Whales, Pilot Whales, Northern Right Whales, Sperm Whales, Sei Whales, Blue Whales (The Largest Whales in the Seven Seas yet seldom seen around Gloucester MA), Fin Whales, Atlantic White Sided Dolphins, Harbor Porpoises and whole host of other fascinating marine creatures as we deliver the best whale watching excursion in Massachusetts. "The Hurricane II" boasts 115 ft length with over 400 ft of whale watching room from the railings of the upper and lower observation decks for optimum whale watching conditions. There is a heated, furnished indoor cabin with a full service galley serving hot meals, snacks and cold beverages as well as a fully stocked bar with local brews, popular beer, wine and mixed drinks. Cape Ann Whale Watch is truly the finest whale watching tour in the Boston MA area offering the highest level of quality, comfort and service at the cheapest, most affordable price suitable for any family entertainment budget whether on vacation or a day trip. We offer AAA discounts on the adult tickets. We also offer reduced rates for seniors, children and military families. We go where the whales go. Our vessels communicate with each other as to the location of whales so we will go anywhere to see them on the North Shore or South Shore of Massachusetts including off the coast of Boston, Massachusetts: Salem MA, Newburyport, Cape Cod, Hampton NH, Rowley, Rockport MA, Danvers, Peabody, Swampscott, Revere, Winthrop or wherever else the whales may roam.
Weymouth, Massachusetts, United States
“Fun experience 9/14/13”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We went on the whale watch this past weekend and overall it was very enjoyable. I purchased three groupons back in May, for me, my fiance and his 14 year old son. I called last week to make the reservation, and it went smoothly enough. So as far as the groupon drama I've been reading about, we had none of that. We got to the location, and they sardined our cars into the lot, about four deep. The two cars in the middle are stuck until the other car owners arrive, so keep that in mind if you are in a hurry to get somewhere after the watch. Loading was smooth, the trip was awesome. The staff on board were very nice and had tons of information to share. We saw 3 blue fin (?) whales, 2 humpbacks and dolphins/seals. SO FUN! My only two complaints: other customers on the boat can be so rude. Remember, YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO WANTS TO SEE WHALES. Pushing and shoving to get to the edge is not going to win you a spot. And the kids can't see over you, so move over!! Also, the young girl in the gift shop was very rude. She comes off as not wanting to be there, which is fine, but don't take it out on the customers. Other than that, fantastic experience and will go again!

Alabama
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Whale Watch experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We used a Groupon for two people which saved us $40 and the process was very smooth. We actually had to cancel our first reservation with the company because a relative was in an accident and the person re-scheduling could not have been any nicer and switched us to the following weekend. The boat left exactly on time after a brief safety review and explanation of how long it would be to get to the destination of the whale's natural habitat area (about 45' to 1 hr). The educators said it has been a slow year for whales, but we were fortunate to get very close to two hump-back whales and followed they several different times. They did not breach out of the water, but were able to see their tails and whole bodies while swimming near us. We also watched many fin-whales in the distance. The crew was nice and the educators very knowledgeable in their field. The day was beautiful and no matter where you sit on the boat, you will be able to see the whales.

Austin, TX
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Enjoyable trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were lucky to have sunny weather and saw a sunfish, and 2 whales. Loved getting out on the water. People got a little tired of the droning "education" on the loudspeakers and just wanted to relax more. Other than that, it was a worthwhile trip.

Visited August 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Groupon User”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Well I was a bit concerned after reading some of the groupon comments, but i have to say that my experience booking the trip I will be taking in October was very pleasant. I called and made my reservations and mentioned i would be using groupon and the lady who took my info treated me just fine, gave me great information such as directions, what time i needed to be there, parking, etc.... So far so good. I will of course be rating my full experience once my husband and I take the trip.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
148 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“LONG TRIP!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We could have surely picked a better day weather wise. But wanted to GO anyway, after all the whales don't mind getting wet! Motored on out, boat was nice, crew was very nice. 2 hours out of our 3~4 hour tour. Still no whales, so further out we went. Found some! A humpback and a few finwhales. Very cool. Then the rain came DOWN. Of course became cool/cold. Looking forward to the adventure ends. We come to find we went out much further than anyone thought. IN THE END A 6+ HOUR TOUR! was too much to handle with bad weather, missed dinner. :(