“Amazing experience!”

and up
Whale Watching Tour in Gloucester
Ranked #2 of 27 Tours in Gloucester
More attraction details
Owner description: Cape Ann Whale Watch in Gloucester, Massachusetts provides guaranteed whale sightings for every whale watching tour out to Stellwagen Bank, a national marine preserve about 12 miles off the coast of Gloucester deemed one of the "Top 5 Whale Watching Destinations in the World" by the World Wildlife Fund due to the wide variety of whale species whom migrate to the coast of Gloucester, Massachusetts every year to feed on the abundant natural resources. We provide the best whale watching in New England as it's an awe-inspiring experience which every human being should have the opportunity to appreciate. We make it a very special event. For over 35 years, Cape Ann Whale Watch has been dazzling whale watching enthusiasts with sightseeing tours aboard the largest, fastest and most elegant whale watching vessel in Massachusetts, north of Boston, Massachusetts aptly named "The Hurricane II" due to its immense size and speed as it descends upon its destination. Cape Ann Whale Watch's patrons have the opportunity to spend a lot more time with the whales than with other whale watching companies in Gloucester MA since "The Hurricane II" gets to the whales' feeding grounds with much more expediency as well as traveling home faster, therefore more time is actually spent observing whales including but not limited to Humpback Whales, Minke Whales, Northern Right Whales, Pilot Whales, Northern Right Whales, Sperm Whales, Sei Whales, Blue Whales (The Largest Whales in the Seven Seas yet seldom seen around Gloucester MA), Fin Whales, Atlantic White Sided Dolphins, Harbor Porpoises and whole host of other fascinating marine creatures as we deliver the best whale watching excursion in Massachusetts. "The Hurricane II" boasts 115 ft length with over 400 ft of whale watching room from the railings of the upper and lower observation decks for optimum whale watching conditions. There is a heated, furnished indoor cabin with a full service galley serving hot meals, snacks and cold beverages as well as a fully stocked bar with local brews, popular beer, wine and mixed drinks. Cape Ann Whale Watch is truly the finest whale watching tour in the Boston MA area offering the highest level of quality, comfort and service at the cheapest, most affordable price suitable for any family entertainment budget whether on vacation or a day trip. We offer AAA discounts on the adult tickets. We also offer reduced rates for seniors, children and military families. We go where the whales go. Our vessels communicate with each other as to the location of whales so we will go anywhere to see them on the North Shore or South Shore of Massachusetts including off the coast of Boston, Massachusetts: Salem MA, Newburyport, Cape Cod, Hampton NH, Rowley, Rockport MA, Danvers, Peabody, Swampscott, Revere, Winthrop or wherever else the whales may roam.
Beulah, Michigan
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is the best whale watch tour out there. So educational, and they know the best places to go. We took about 2 hours to get to our location, but we so constant whales for the hour we were out there. Too many to count off the top of my head! One pair of whales were so close we were sprayed and you could even smell their breath! What a life changing experience.

2 Thank UPNorthguy41990

Stamford, Connecticut
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun outing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Very well run organization, learning experience which is a nice added feature, long ride out and since it's not an exact science you spend some time searching for the whales but we did see 3 humpbacks up pretty close and a minky from far away. On a beautiful day it's a nice time on the boat and everyone is very friendly. Must have patience and I'm not sure little kids appreciate it but you have to know your kid

Ipswich, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice staff, helpful and knowledgeable.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Staff were very nice and polite.Tour guide was very efficient and knowlegeable about all whales we had seen.Kept us up to date on all whale activities.Boat was very quick to get us to each whale siting and explained the habits and diving patterns of each of the whales we saw that day.Overall, the 4 hour trip was excellent and I would recommend it to any person who likes efficient and courteous staff and an exciting day on the ocean!!!

New Mexico
“Great time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Had a great time this week on the Hurricane II. Saw plenty of whales. Fabulous crew. Love the "see whales guarantee." Would definitely use them again.

Concord, New Hampshire
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Don't go here! Pick another company to go with to Whale Watch!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I bought 4 discounted tickets on groupon for this whale watch knowing my inlaws from Minnesota were coming and wanted to go on a whale wach. My inlaws from out of state were in town this week and we wanted to use the tickets for this weekend while they were here. Ready for this one? I called this place during the week and the girl told me there was room on the boat. She asked me if I had tickets, and I said yes. 4 tickets already, just needed to buy one for my child. She asked me if it was a groupon discounted ticket and I said yes. She said, Oh, well we are full for that day in the afternoon. What????? you just said you were NOT full. They only except so many of those tickets for their peak time sat and sunday afteroon whale watches. I asked her what the limit and she said she did NOT know! Really? Of course you do! Also, this was NOT stated anywhere on the ticket. It just says "Reservations are required in advance and limited. I assumed limited means a full boat, NOT only a few people can use their groupon tickets that day! She said we can used them in a 3 more weeks. I said I have family here for this week only and all she could say was "Sorry"! Really? Are you kidding me! I told her that was FALSE advertising! It's a scam! It should be worded on the discription and rules of this discounted ticket and explained BEFORE you buy those tickets. They purposely DO NOT tell you this or state this anywhere! I called groupon and got my money back. The apolisized! NOT groupon's fault at all! They are wonderful! It is because of the owners of this so called whale watch company! I asked for the manager and she said He was NOT there! and of course she did NOT know when he would be back! OK if you believe that one! We went with another whale watch company and were so happy!

15 Thank VacationPlanner2