“Great Local Grill & Pub”

Topside Grill and Pub
Ranked #3 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Description: Topside Grill offers Seafood, Italian, American Comfort food. Fresh simple good food. We are not trying to impress you with ingredients you've never heard of, we prepare local food the way we feel you'll enjoy it. Harbor views in our dinning room and a fun bar & pub upstairs. Try us, you'll be glad you did!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Local Grill & Pub”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I were on the Harborwalk when it began to rain so we saw the Topside Grill and went in to have lunch. What a nice little place with friendly people. Our waitress explained the menu and we chose the lobster roll & fresh haddock sandwich. The service and the food was great including the blueberry lemon cake for dessert!! We were not in the area for dinner or we would have gone back there. We highly recommend eating at Topside Grill when your in Gloucester!

• Visited October 2013

Slidell, Louisiana
“Good lobster special”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Had the 1 lb lobster special for 13.99. Great for the price. Also had lobster bisque which was quite tasty. Great little restaurant right across the street from whale watching dock. Just what was needed after an afternoon on the water

Visited September 2013
marshall, illinois
“Flexible menu and a great waitress”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Topside Grill has become one of our favorite restaurants while vacationing Cape Ann area. Last year we ate at the Topside near the end of our trip and this year we dined at the Topside on three occasions during our 8-day stay in Gloucester. We ate at several of the other top-ten restaurants listed on this site for the Cape Ann area but found that we returned to the Topside time and time again. The food was good at the other restaurants, but we especially enjoyed the food and particularly the service at the Topside Grill. Our waitress, Sheila, was especially helpful, skilled and professional. Our dining experience was enhanced thanks to Sheila's efforts. The kitchen/chef was very flexible and was willing and able to accommodate our particular dining needs and choices. If great food, great preparation, great presentation, and great service is what you are looking for in a dining experience... the Topside Grill is the place for you.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank frank b
Dallas, Texas
“Great Local Restaurant”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I had a great meal at the Topside Grill. Local beer offerings, no frills seafood at a reasonable price. Friendly staff and Dennis Silva the owner treats you like you are in his home. We will definitely be back next time we are in Gloucester.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Clint P
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Hidden Treasure!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My Girlfriend and I love trying new Restaurants, and "Topside Grill and Pub" is a definite!

I never knew my girlfriend could eat so much. That being said, the food was delicious, from the apps to the entrees! She literally licked her plate clean (kind of embarrassing).

I'm the type of person when asked, "whether I want a steak or seafood?", I will always choose steak. But not here! I gave in, and ordered the Mako Shark. It was to die for! This is a must!

Next time I come here, I'm going to order the Lobster! The table next to us ordered lobster, and it smelt sooo good!

This place has some awesome local beer on tap! Which for any guy, is a must! And the waitstaff, is so kind and attentive! Which makes the experience that much better!

When it came time to pay the bill, (girl friend started doing that pump-fake in her purse, like shes going to pay lol. yeah ok...!) i was afraid to look at the check with all the food and drinks we ordered. But surprisingly, it was not expensive at all. GREAT QUALITY, CHEAP PRICES!

WE WILL DEFINITELY BE COMING HERE AGAIN !

• Visited September 2013