“Flexible menu and a great waitress”

Topside Grill and Pub
Ranked #3 of 136 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Topside Grill offers Seafood, Italian, American Comfort food. Fresh simple good food. We are not trying to impress you with ingredients you've never heard of, we prepare local food the way we feel you'll enjoy it. Harbor views in our dinning room and a fun bar & pub upstairs. Try us, you'll be glad you did!
marshall, illinois
“Flexible menu and a great waitress”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Topside Grill has become one of our favorite restaurants while vacationing Cape Ann area. Last year we ate at the Topside near the end of our trip and this year we dined at the Topside on three occasions during our 8-day stay in Gloucester. We ate at several of the other top-ten restaurants listed on this site for the Cape Ann area but found that we returned to the Topside time and time again. The food was good at the other restaurants, but we especially enjoyed the food and particularly the service at the Topside Grill. Our waitress, Sheila, was especially helpful, skilled and professional. Our dining experience was enhanced thanks to Sheila's efforts. The kitchen/chef was very flexible and was willing and able to accommodate our particular dining needs and choices. If great food, great preparation, great presentation, and great service is what you are looking for in a dining experience... the Topside Grill is the place for you.

1 Thank frank b

Dallas, Texas
“Great Local Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I had a great meal at the Topside Grill. Local beer offerings, no frills seafood at a reasonable price. Friendly staff and Dennis Silva the owner treats you like you are in his home. We will definitely be back next time we are in Gloucester.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Clint P
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Hidden Treasure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

My Girlfriend and I love trying new Restaurants, and "Topside Grill and Pub" is a definite!

I never knew my girlfriend could eat so much. That being said, the food was delicious, from the apps to the entrees! She literally licked her plate clean (kind of embarrassing).

I'm the type of person when asked, "whether I want a steak or seafood?", I will always choose steak. But not here! I gave in, and ordered the Mako Shark. It was to die for! This is a must!

Next time I come here, I'm going to order the Lobster! The table next to us ordered lobster, and it smelt sooo good!

This place has some awesome local beer on tap! Which for any guy, is a must! And the waitstaff, is so kind and attentive! Which makes the experience that much better!

When it came time to pay the bill, (girl friend started doing that pump-fake in her purse, like shes going to pay lol. yeah ok...!) i was afraid to look at the check with all the food and drinks we ordered. But surprisingly, it was not expensive at all. GREAT QUALITY, CHEAP PRICES!

WE WILL DEFINITELY BE COMING HERE AGAIN !

1 Thank Vinaki
New York City, New York
“Fantastic seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

My friends and I were visiting Gloucester for the street festival and stopped by Topside, in the heart of downtown Gloucester, for dinner.

The whole experience was amazing- from the ambiance to the service. The setting was well thought out and arranged. There was the more lively upstairs bar area and the downstairs more quiet dining area. We sat in a booth downstairs by the big windows so we could talk and relax a bit.

We were famished and craving some seafood, so we ordered a few of the appetizers. My favorites were the Whole Belly Clams - they were so delicious and fresh! The Shark Bites were also great. My main course, the Shrimp Vieste was excellent, they gave a good number of shrimp and the tomatoes and herbs all tasted fresh out of the garden. The portions for everything was satisfying.

For drinks I tried this blueberry cocktail that was out of the world. I am very picky with what I drink - I do not like to taste the alcohol in my drinks - and was pleasantly surprised. I ordered a second (which rarely ever happens!)

Topside definitely knows how to make fantastic and quality seafood dishes and I would definitely visit this place again the next time I am in town. Antoine, Doug and Sheila were all very kind and attentive to our table. We even learned how to tell a male from a female lobster - I cannot wait to eat here again!

2 Thank Sophiesauraus
Charleston, South Carolina
“The best in Gloucester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have been visitors to Gloucester for more than twenty five years and have enjoyed the many restaurants that the city has to offer. My family and I really loved the Topside Grill. The food was delicious, affordable and the service was excellent. We are always made to feel comfortable, welcome, and are treated as family. Anyone coming to visit this beautiful seaport must stop in for a hearty meal in this wonderful restaurant.

• Visited August 2013