“A great lunch”
Review of Latitude 43

Latitude 43
Reserve with OpenTable
Latitude 43 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Latitude 43 is a short 7 min walk from the commuter rail on Railroad Ave in downtown Gloucester. Walk east on Railroad Ave toward Pearl St. & turn right on School St, walk .2 miles & turn left at Middle St, walk 43 ft & turn right at Center St, walk 243 ft & right at Main St, walk 92 ft then turn left at Center St & turn left at Rogers St.
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We drove to Gloucester from Boston on a rainy day and stopped for a late lunch. Lobster roll and fish and chips were very fresh and done just right. Portion size was huge! Service was great. We definitely would return.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Our party of four arrived for lunch on a lovely summer day.

We opted to sit inside, but the patio looked quite inviting.

Our server was knowledgable about the menu items and was able to make good recommendations for the vegetarian in our group.

While I felt some of the menu items were on the pricey side, everything was delicious.

I look forward to my next visit to the area, and will surely return to this establishment for another good dining experience.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

The setting here is nice - a deck overlooking the dock. Service is friendly and generally efficient. The food, however, is nothing special. Fish and chips, baked haddock, calamari etc - all just about OK but instantly forgettable. The best thing was a special appetizer - a chilled soup of apple and fennel, but nothing else stood out as memorable.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Other reviews indicate this restaurant is a favorite with many, but this was not our experience. We were referred by an employee of the Fort Park visitor center to this place as a good choice for waterfront dining. We should have listened to a local who made a face when this restaurant was mentioned, but we were nearby and starving so our party of three gave this place a shot. We were seated promptly (inside, since outside was crowded and quite hot that day) and our waitress was adequately attentive throughout. Menu items predicatable and a poor value. Tried fish sandwiches and calamari. My fish portion was much smaller than my husband's maybe about 2 ounces. Flavor was okay, not the best or worst, with fish overfried to a somewhat dry texture. Coleslaw provided as a "side" is served in the small metal container usually reserved for ketchup (!), but the portion was not an issue as it was bland, warm and tasteless. French fries were plentiful on our plates and the side my daughter ordered to go with her lunch choice, a calamari appetizer. Her calamari was overfried, impossibly chewy and had an "off" taste to it. By the time we realized she wasn't eating any of it and my husband tried it and agreed that it was awful, our waitress came by. We shared our complaint and she immediately offered to get our daughter another order of this or something else, or to remove it from the bill (we chose the latter, and split our remaining food with her, as we all wanted to leave). Waitress returned from taking the plate back to the kitchen, and informed us the kitchen staff did not think there was anything wrong with the dish. I'm not sure if they tried it, but our waitress apparently did-and agreed it had an "off" flavor. We left there very disappointed. Another turn off-after being seated for some time, it became apparent that a literal army of flies were on the ceiling near the deck entrance-ugh. I've dined in many places where deck seating was offered that did not have that amount of invaders apparent IN the attached dining room. Would not return.

2  Thank limsgirl
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Had lunch with a friend on the deck, such a beautiful setting with the boats and docks all around.
I had the Sweet Pea Ravioli, excellent vegetarian choice one of the best meals I have ever eaten.
Staff was great and the place is just beautiful. I will be back !!!