“Disappointing”
Review of Latitude 43

Latitude 43
Reserve with OpenTable
Latitude 43 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Latitude 43 is a short 7 min walk from the commuter rail on Railroad Ave in downtown Gloucester. Walk east on Railroad Ave toward Pearl St. & turn right on School St, walk .2 miles & turn left at Middle St, walk 43 ft & turn right at Center St, walk 243 ft & right at Main St, walk 92 ft then turn left at Center St & turn left at Rogers St.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We go out to dinner in Gloucester once a week and Latitude was a frequent stop. The last couple of visits have been very disappointing. They have turned up the lights so that it's like eating in a diner. At first we were told that there was a problem they were trying to fix but when we returned three weeks later, it was still ridiculously bright in the dinning area. It's the food that really has gone downhill, however. The menu doesn't change often but we have a few things that we like to order. Usually, I love the mussels. This time they came in broth with burnt garlic and fennel. Our meals had similar issues, over cooked and tough. Sadly, we won't be rushing back again.

1  Thank jlmace

Reviewed May 13, 2014

As a regular Lat 43 customer, I had my usual spicy yellowtail roll with my dinner both mothers day - excellent roll - and the next day, yesterday, and the same roll was awful - almost no fish, full of crumbs and mostly all rice. The waitress, who also often orders this roll, agreed as soon as she looked at it, but offered nothing in response - surprise. She finally offered to comp the roll but would have been nice to bring the fish that should have been in the roll. Prices, especially for dinner, are high for what you get.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Had some good food...but it started out fairly rough.

Popped in for a really late lunch on Mother's Day (4pm) and the restaurant appeared empty. We were told it was a 30-40 minute wait although no one was seated at the tables. When asked about it, the hostess said they were waiting for reservations {which, by the way, most didn't show up until 5pm}. As we were leaving another hostess offered us a seat at the sushi bar where we would be able to order from the regular menu.

Now that we're seated the place change 180 degrees. Waitress, Jessie, couldn't have been nicer! The food was really good especially as we all wanted different things.
Daughter said the Clam Chowder with bacon was the best she's ever had.
Sushi was good.
Fried fisherman's plate was good.
Kobe Beef press box was super duper spicy and delicious!

All in all it was a good meal. If it hadn't been for the nuttiness at the hostess station, it might have been a 5.

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

As a summer resident, Have been going here 5-10 times during the summer for last 3-5 years. My partner made a reservation yesterday to start the summer this evening. Asked for a table on the deck facing water. Was Told seating on deck can not be reserved.

Get there. Made to wait 5 min while they cleared the table i was told. We were then taken to a table on the deck but not on the edge while there were 4 empty tables along the water !! Ask for one of them and was told they are being held for reservations !! They have a no reservations on the deck policy they say !!
Later our waitress moved us to one of those tables with no fuss. If only the front desk would drop the attitude and had the common sense of the waitress.

Latitude, Drop the attitude before you lose long term customers like me !!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We went to Lat 43 today for Mother's Day because I really wanted a lobster roll. I have had many lobster rolls over the years; I never had one that I consider just leaving uneaten. It was really a celery roll with a little mashed up lobster. I finally stopped eating it as a roll and picked out what I could of the mashed up lobster. My husband and son both had fried clams that they said were not very good. Most of the draft beer in the menu was not available and the bottled beer selection is very lacking . And the ladies room was filthy. We will never go back. What a mistake going there.