Colonial Hotel
  • Pool
$119
Travel Inn(Orange)
$55
Classic Suites & Inns(West Boylston)
$78
Travelocity
$145
All reviewsnice hotelhot tubonsite restaurantbathroom doorbed was comfortablecouple of nightsthe entire hotelcolonial grillfitness centerski mountainsaunama
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Over a recent long weekend, my friend and I stayed, with our kids, at this property for a short overnight R and R. We had adjoining rooms which made things a lot easier for adults and kids to have some privacy. The front desk staff were very accommodating and helpful during our check in process. Our room location was very far away from the pool and the lobby which made for a cold, wet, walk back at times. The lobby was also somewhat dated and impersonal. The pool area and sauna were comfortable, but towels were very limited. While the included breakfast buffet was very generous, it was a little cumbersome having to ask the waitress to make toast and then bring it to your table. A self-serve toaster would have made more sense in this setting. Overall, the pool area with hot tub and sauna added to the value of the property.

Room Tip: ask for a room closer to lobby, pool and restaurant
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Needed a little get-a-way with my boyfriend. We don't live too far, a couple hours but it was the perfect choice. It's not far from local highways and many local amenities but enough out of the way to enjoy ourselves.
The lobby was beautiful decorated fro Christmas ( a personal favorite) it was classy, homey, comfortable and friendly. The staff was friendly without being over-bearing. Hospitable and courteous. Always willing to help out. The room was clean, and nice. The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of space to relax. The heating/air was a little difficult to control but I appreciated the motion detected regulation while we were out during the day. The pool and Jacuzzi were a great addition and a nice way to relax.
We visited the restaurant one night for dinner which was excellent. The wait staff was very attentive. The food was Delicious and portions were grand. Perhaps a little too many spices in most of the food but it was a minor flaw, we left very full, satisfied and with yummy left-overs. Complementary breakfast was the best hotel breakfast I've ever experienced. The food was pipping hot and delicious. A nice selection, wait staff again was wonderful.

It was just what we needed, The area we lovely and easy enough to roam around. The staff was great and trust worthy.

I would recommend to anyone. There were several functions that looked beautifully done (even from afar)

I will definitely be back, Thanks!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are still private with sunlight due to bushes.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sskavis
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Our room was ok furniture was way oversized and bed was uncomfortable. It was clear they had attempted to do some patchwork to the ceiling and around the shower not well done. My fiance and I went to dinner at the resturant friday night service was good but food was jusy ok ...menu is big which should tell you they dont specialize in anything they just do everything so so. Went to breakfast on saturday which was not included in our stay and we were charged $9.95 for disgusting cold food not even close to proper food temperatures for a buffet (needs to be at least 165 degrees to prevent food bourne illnesses). Dont even get me started on the wait staff chillin at a table chatting the whole time we were there. If you are looking to go away somewhere find somewhere else this way a complete waste of time very disappointed!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank sammib3388
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The staff is attentive and plentiful to ensure your meeting runs smoothly. Every need was accommodated quickly and professionally. The restaurant and bar area are a great gathering place. This looks like a wonderful place for a large event and I found it really good for our meeting of about 40 people. The rooms are older but clean. Could use a few more outlets that are convenient for business travelers but adequate for a couple of nights. Internet was spotty.

Room Tip: If you can, get a suite. There is a big difference between a regular room and a suite so don't be shy about looking at your room before you take it. I would suggest an upper floor room. I think the floor may creak if someone is above you.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Myself and 2 associates had business in the immediate area, and were referred by the company, that has a negotiated rate of $75 per night, which does include breakfast. We arrived a bit late, and left first thing in the morning, so my review is based on a limited scope. The room was descent size, with older, but maintained, ammennaties. The bedspread and pillow shams were in need of replacement, but were clean.The hotel is well maintained, and has a full restaurant/bar on site. Kitchen closes at 10 PM. We made it in with 9 minutes to spare. Good Philly cheese-steak. Lots of local beers on tap.

If I am back in the area doing business, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business