“Nice hotel owner not very welcoming or friendly”
Review of Super 8 Gardner

Super 8 Gardner
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gardner
“Nice hotel owner not very welcoming or friendly”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The hotel was in a great location. Most places closed around 9 or 10. Not much to do at night during the week in Gardner. The staff was friendly but the owner was not very nice he watched every little move we made he even followed my dad to the room because they don't want you to bring food or drink to the room he only had coffee.

• Stayed January 2013
Super8Gardner, Manager at Super 8 Gardner, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for taklng the time to complete the Trip Advisor survey. We were very happy to service you and yours and look forward to your return in the future.

Nancy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this motel for 3 days the staff was.very.nice and.friendly the owner/manager was a jerk...he watched.us like we.were criminals and.wasnt.very.friendly ....the breakfast area wasnt that much just bagels,waffles,and cereal and you had to.stay in the breakfad
st area couldnt take.it to.your.room ..
the town is.boring everything closes early even the bars ....nothing to do around the.town ...

• Stayed January 2013
It was a pleasure to have you and your family as guests at our hotel. We are a pretty quiet city
and most enjoy the quiet but if you are looking for something to do, it would be more like skiing, snowmobiling, ice fishing, biking, or simply taking a hike at Dunns Pond. Sliding is also
fun when it snows.
MILLVILLE
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was pleasantly surprise at the quality of hotel considering the price was on the low side. I requested a recliner since my husband has back problems and can't sleep in a bed. Wow were we surprised that you actually supplied one. We both slept very comfortable. Thank you for 3 nights of good rest.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super8Gardner, Manager at Super 8 Gardner, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for commenting on Trip Advisor. We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to your visit in the future.
Nancy, Manager
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I don't need fancy hotel rooms, where everything is perfect and plush, then I suggest the Sheraton Bayfront in Erie, PA. But if want an affordable place to stay that is pet friendly, I would highly recommend this place. The staff are very friendly, the hotel is clean and price is affordable. One staff person went above and beyond to help me. The breakfast room had closed and he was walking out of it and I asked if I could get some napkins. He had his hands full and I went outside and figured I would get napkins someplace else. Shortly after, he came outside in the freezing cold and brought me some napkins. I was very grateful.

I had a room with 2 double beds. It was small for me and my 85lb dog, but definitely workable. The room was clean, and everything worked. The staff responded to my request for a room next to the stairs and even called me to check to see if I needed my room cleaned (I did). There is an additional pet fee/night, but that is with every hotel that my dog and I have stayed in.
One corner on the frame on the mirror in the bathroom was crooked/off of the edge, but it didn't affect me at all. It was helpful to have a microwave, fridge, coffee maker and hair dryer in the room, and the tv was a flat screen.
Again, I was looking for affordable and pet friendly. It is not super fancy spic and span spotless like more expensive hotels, but was excellent for me and my dog.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
We are happy that we could accomodate the both of you. Many people do not realize how a pet can become one of our most important friends but we certainly do. We look forward to you visiting in the future hoping your New Year will be happy, healthy, and properous.
Nancy, Manager
GREENVILLE
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We had a very quick trip to Gardner. Our room was clean and everything was there to make our evening comfortable. We were not overly impressed with the continental breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super8Gardner, Manager at Super 8 Gardner, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
We enjoyed your visit and look forward to your return. We are in the process of updating our
breakfast and hope you will enjoy it in the future. Thank you for replying and have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardner
Colonial Hotel
Great Wolf Lodge New England
No photo provided
Ayer Motor Inn
#1 of 2 in Ayer

Been to Super 8 Gardner? Share your experiences!