“ok cfood”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Gardner Ale House

Gardner Ale House
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Gardner
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Northfield, Massachusetts
“ok cfood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Ale House was pretty good we have not found there to be any place in Gardner to be great. Tried their breakfast buffet and did not like it at all the appetizers are the best thing the entrees are ok.

• Visited July 2013

Gardner, Massachusetts
“Very dissapointed with all aspects of this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch on years day with my girlfriend and my parents the waitress was not attentive at all. Waited for 45 minutes for food even though the restaurant was 3/4 empty. Food came and appeared to be leftovers from another night. For baked haddock that was very overcooked along with soggy cold flavor less green beans and cold old tasting mashed potatoes. 2 others with me asked for New side dishes but I sent back the entire plate. Waitress returned with cold french fries and soggy fried haddock nuggets. I ate 2 and left the rest as I just wanted to leave by that point. The waitress didn't charge me for either meal but this experience ruined my day. I had only heard good things about this place and my high expectations were shattered. I think KFC may be a better option.

1 Thank DunkinD83
Boston, Massachusetts
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Hit this back in early November after hiking Monadnock. Great find. The beer was fantastic, the room (pub side) is a perfect spot for a few pints. We didn't go deep into the menu but what we had (salads, chili) was very good. We also got the charcuterie plate which had nice cheese with OK bread but the salami smelled like ammonia which says it was improperly stored. I should be harsher about this, but I'll give them a pass. Not sure why -- maybe I just really liked the beer and the room so I'm overlooking that one flaw.

• Visited November 2013
Greenfield, Massachusetts
“Wonderful place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I was searching online for a nice place to eat for my boyfriend and I on our way to Boston from Greenfield. I was drawn to this place because of their well put together website with menu and pricing, and the fact that I don't think I have ever been to eat at a brewery, even the one near my hometown.

I loved the decoration of the place, the lights on the walls, there was plenty of space to sit and move around, and the waitress Rebecca was super nice, really fast, and we really appreciated that.

The clam chowder was one of the best I've ever had and the sandwich I got was good as well. My boyfriend loved the bacon. He was disappointed that the wing special wasn't for boneless wings, so he had to pay full price for boneless wings that were just okay. If it wasn't for that everything would have been perfect. I LOVED the temperature of the beer (I like mine cold and most places serve it too warm) and we left very happy!

• Visited January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great restaurant off route 2”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Excellent pub style restaurant off route 2. Hard to find a good restaurant along that route that is not a chain or something very dated. Gardner Ale house has a local flair and comfortable setting and isn't far off the highway.

• Visited December 2013

Been to Gardner Ale House? Share your experiences!