“Wonderful Local Thai Take-Out”

Pepper Terrace Thai Cuisine
Ranked #23 of 75 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Thai
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Local Thai Take-Out”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We've recently discovered this hidden gem. We've ordered take-out from this restaurant several times and are never disappointed. We've never dined in the restaurant however the decor isn't much. The Massaman Curry and Yellow Curry dishes are delicious. We are so happy to finally find a great Thai Restaurant nearby.

• Visited January 2012

Parsippany, New Jersey
“Could be very good but wasn't when I went”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Stopped here for lunch while driving back home after a meeting. Actually pulled into the shopping center for a Panera Bread but this place was just a few doors down and it was packed with locals so I figured it would be very good.

This was a cozy family run place and after I was seated, had to wait a while for any service. Food came (red curry chicken) and first bit tasted very good. Than I realized that the chicken tasted kind of stale. I ate most of the sauce, rice and just a little of the chicken. I'm guessing from the popularity of this place that the chicken is not usually this way, I just must have hit it at a bad time. Other than the chicken, the curry was very good.

Hope they get some help at busy times and check for freshness of their meats.

• Visited November 2011
Franklin, Massachusetts
“not authentic Thai food”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We just moved to the neighborhood and want to explore some local restaurants. We found the reviews here and decided to give a try. The restaurant is very clean and has very nice decor. We ordered lemongrass chicken and drunken noodle. The lemongrass chicken is listed as the specialties however it is very disappointed. It is two pieces of grilled chicken with sauce on the side. It is not authentic at all. The drunken noodle is better. But there is no bean sprouts, basil or other typical veggies in Thai food. I donot say the food tastes bad. They are just not authentic Thai food I had at other places.

• Visited October 2011
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Okay, okay, I admit it, I LOVE this place!”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stumbled upon this restaurant about 3 years ago when we were driving back from some Saturday errand that ran longer than we'd thought it would take. We saw the restaurant tucked away in this shopping plaza along with about five other better known chain restaurants, but we'd thought we'd give it a try.

Yes, yes, yes. If you like Thai food, this is the restaurant to drive to on your way from running errands, on your way to running errands or simply drive to the restaurant for the very purpose of going to the restaurant. You don't need an excuse to feast on this delicious food.

Recommendations?

Anything in their Phuket sauce. It is flavorful, creamy and your mouth will thank you for it. I enjoy (again & again) the Phuket softshell crab dish with coconut rice. Sweet and pungent spices - and excellent combination for any lunch or dinner.

My daughters love the chicken pad thai. My husband loves the crazy noodles. I've never seen crazy noodles with squid, but he enjoys it!

I truly believe the gods of good food brought my husband and me to this wonderful restaurant because they knew what was best for us. Don't wait to stumble upon this place -- take the journey!

• Visited September 2011
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
“This is our go to takeout place in Franklin”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This place is great. The food is as good as any thai I had when I lived in Boston. We usually do take-out but occasionally we eat there. My favorites are the soft rolls, imperial noodle and gai sub gra pow (extra spicy). Prices are on the high side for the suburbs but the food makes up for it. Also, the staff are very nice.

Visited July 2011