“Great pizza”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is about the best pizza in Franklin. The Shrimp Scampi pizza is incredibly good - lots of cheese, shrimp, garlic and brocolli. Get the pizza to go or see if they are delivering that night. The owners are very nice and always try to accomodate. The restaurant itself is very small and lacks ambiance but the food makes up for it.

1  Thank GWMom

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Was excited to try this new "gourmet" pizza place but unfortunately it left a lot to be desired. Inside of restaurant appeared very run down and unclean. Pizza was okay but was not excited to eat it due to appearance of place. Not bad, but not great.

2  Thank SKP21
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We had friends over and ordered pizza from Bay Leaf based on a friend's recommendation. The eggplant parm pizza was recommended to us and it was amazing! We also had a plain cheese (for the kids), meatlovers and the buffalo chicken pizza mixed with the bbq chicken sauce, may sound strange, but it was excellent as well. Everyone at our party was very impressed with each pizza, siting the buffalo chicken and the eggplant parm (my favorite) as the front runners. I also want to note that the person taking the order over the phone was extremely helpful and courteous and so was the delivery driver. I'd like to note that the cost for 4 large pizzas was extremely reasonable. We are offically making Bay Leaf our new 'go-to' pizza place!

1  Thank hm823
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My wife and I were excited to try this place because the reviews were so good and there really isn't anywhere else in the area to get Greek food. We were also impressed with the unique pasta dishes on the menu and the prospect of "New York style" thin crust pizza, as the menu claims to offer. Unfortunately, this ended up being some of the worst food I've ever had. I knew as soon as I walked in to pick up our takeout order that we had made a mistake. The place itself looks dirty and rundown (the storm door on the front was missing the entire bottom piece of glass). Very poor ventilation/air circulation and cramped seating. As soon as I looked at the oven, I knew that this would be typical Greek-style pizza. The oven they use cannot possibly produce the type of pizza that the restaurant boasts of. The temperature simply won't get high enough, which is why the crust on our pizza and calzone was raw. This reminds me of the type of place we'd eat at all the time in college. I enjoyed it then because I didn't know any better and because it was cheap and convenient. The gyro was inedible. The bits of meat were clearly food service quality and I'm sure they came in a big bulk bag off of a truck (I didn't see the big spit of rotating meat that I'd hoped for, as in the more authentic Greek restaurants). Bottom line, I don't see this place lasting and we certainly won't return.

2  Thank loudon79
Reviewed August 31, 2011

What a great addition to the neighborhood! Their food is FABULOUS! I was very impressed with the Gryo dinner (and homemade rice - and a side of hummus -- all yummy!) The portions are fantastic - very tasty - well done!

Another time we ordered pizza and salad from there. Look forward to trying more things!

1  Thank KathyFranklin