“Phenomenal Pizza!”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We had friends over and ordered pizza from Bay Leaf based on a friend's recommendation. The eggplant parm pizza was recommended to us and it was amazing! We also had a plain cheese (for the kids), meatlovers and the buffalo chicken pizza mixed with the bbq chicken sauce, may sound strange, but it was excellent as well. Everyone at our party was very impressed with each pizza, siting the buffalo chicken and the eggplant parm (my favorite) as the front runners. I also want to note that the person taking the order over the phone was extremely helpful and courteous and so was the delivery driver. I'd like to note that the cost for 4 large pizzas was extremely reasonable. We are offically making Bay Leaf our new 'go-to' pizza place!

1  Thank hm823

Reviewed September 26, 2011

My wife and I were excited to try this place because the reviews were so good and there really isn't anywhere else in the area to get Greek food. We were also impressed with the unique pasta dishes on the menu and the prospect of "New York style" thin crust pizza, as the menu claims to offer. Unfortunately, this ended up being some of the worst food I've ever had. I knew as soon as I walked in to pick up our takeout order that we had made a mistake. The place itself looks dirty and rundown (the storm door on the front was missing the entire bottom piece of glass). Very poor ventilation/air circulation and cramped seating. As soon as I looked at the oven, I knew that this would be typical Greek-style pizza. The oven they use cannot possibly produce the type of pizza that the restaurant boasts of. The temperature simply won't get high enough, which is why the crust on our pizza and calzone was raw. This reminds me of the type of place we'd eat at all the time in college. I enjoyed it then because I didn't know any better and because it was cheap and convenient. The gyro was inedible. The bits of meat were clearly food service quality and I'm sure they came in a big bulk bag off of a truck (I didn't see the big spit of rotating meat that I'd hoped for, as in the more authentic Greek restaurants). Bottom line, I don't see this place lasting and we certainly won't return.

2  Thank loudon79
Reviewed August 31, 2011

What a great addition to the neighborhood! Their food is FABULOUS! I was very impressed with the Gryo dinner (and homemade rice - and a side of hummus -- all yummy!) The portions are fantastic - very tasty - well done!

Another time we ordered pizza and salad from there. Look forward to trying more things!

1  Thank KathyFranklin
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Must try. Tonight I got the pizza fires and they were delicious and I had never heard of pizza fires before but they were one of the best fries I've ever had. I think I am going to order from them tomorrow as well. Oh, the pasta plates that they have come with little garlic bread balls and they are better than any garlic bread at other resteraunts! I was skeptical due to the smaller size of a resteraunt that they run and because they are kind of hidden in the back of the laundry matt but the food is perfect and the delivery guy couldn't find my house and drove around for an extra 15 minutes! I appreciate everything about this place!

1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed July 25, 2011

This restaurant is tucked away in a tiny strip mall that we drive by. One day we stopped in because we were doing errands, and thought we'd give it a try. I got the Basil Leaf Chicken wrap and my boyfriend got the Spicy Grilled Chicken Chicken Kabob. The kid at the counter was so pleasant and the cook (I think the owner as well) was as pleasant. We were so impressed, so so tasty! We ordered again the same sandwiches for delivery and although the delivery took a bit (they are new and adjusting - the delivery boy apologized very kindly), the food arrived nice and warm! Highly recommend trying it!

3  Thank HOLIDAYLADY18