“Another Sushi-Hibachi Joint”

Add it.
Sake Bom
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Sakebom took over the space of another failed restaurant, Teppenyaki, which was also - surprise- a lower end sushi-hibachi place. They reopened within 3 or 4 weeks, and very little changed, except I think the prices went up slightly.

We've been there twice. It's fine, but there are much better options - Ichigo Ichie across the 495 overpass, and Tenchi Sushi one exit up at Rt 126 in the Walmart plaza (yes, the Walmart plaza, don't be fooled, GO TRY IT!)

The food is OK but not a great value, the decor is OK, not nearly as nice or interesting as the two aforementioned competitors. I would try it again if they made changes, but unless someone local lets me know they've improved anything, I'd go with my other options..

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed in Frankin for over a month and I was regular here. I loved sushi and bubbly drink. I really loved bubbly drink. try it.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I purchased a coupon and figured why not try it. We are glad we did. We sat at the bar...small but quiet on a Saturday night. We saw the bartender make all of the drinks and there was more than enough alcohol in them so I don't know why someone was complaining about this. We got the Thai spicy calamari and rock shrimp. Out of this world--the calamari was not a large portion and not frozen rings, but chunks of calamari with a spicy sauce and the shrimp was light and almost had an orange flavor to it. I got the Seafood casserole and my husband got the thai red snapper. The casserole had lots of seafood and red snapper was lightly fried-delicious! Maybe people are used to eating chinese food loaded with heavy sauce and battered covered shrimp and calamari. We loved it and will go back!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

We celebrate my daughter's birthday each year with a hibachi dinner... her favorite. Since the previous teppanyaki restaurant in this location had closed, we tried the new version since there was calamari steak on the menu. The sushi was very good as was the dressing on the salad and the soup. However, the hibachi was poor ... the same sauce was used on EVERYTHING. The calamari, the steak and the scallops were terrible. The shrimp were good but that was it. There was also no icecream served as there is generally with this type of meal. One person became ill when we arrived at home... so we will not be going back.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I went here for lunch with my parents and we had the chinese food. It was ok at best. Not a lot of flavor. Maybe their Japanese Hibachi would be better. My Dad tried the sushi, but was not impressed. We also tried their mai tai. For $7 we got a large glass of juice, but no alcohol. It also tasted very metallic and not very enjoyable.