“Everything you need. Comfortable.”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Franklin
Birmingham, AL
“Everything you need. Comfortable.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2007

My daughter and I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights to attend a wedding. We were overall happy with the accomadations. Average room, I wouldn't call it a suite though. I liked that the bathroom and dressing room were seperate. We needed this to get ready for the wedding. Also liked the in room microwave and fridge. In the mornings the hotel offers a nice better then continental breakfast. The area has a big flat screen TV, internet access, local and national newspapers, and friendly staff keeping the area very tidy.
They also have a quiet picnic area in the back and an indoor pool with fluffy towels.
This is a well managed property and it should fit your basic needs nicely.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Rochester Area, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2007

Well, Let me start out from the whole experience - from beginning to end.

First, 495 is very close to this hotel, about 2 minutes to get onto it. They have signs for the hotel for the exit it is on, on the Interstate, so it makes it less of a hassle.

Check in was hassle-free, and our room was pretty good. The beds were comfortable, and the pull out couch was so/so. The climate unit is a bit annoying, but if you want it on continously, you can turn it's fan on and it will re-circulate the air around the room. The room had a small kitchenette, including a microwave, sink, and refridgerator (silverware and dishes were supposidly available in the lobby). The tv was fine, and it had a good 50 channels or so- including HBO.

They had connectivity for internet in the room through either a line or wirelessly. If you do not feel like bringing your laptop, they have a computer down in the lobby area which has internet acess, as well as MS Word and a printer. Be prepared however, it has windows 2000/98.

They also had complimentary breakfast every morning. It was 6:30am - 9am on weekdays and on weekends, 7am-10am. The breakfast had several choices (which alternate by the day) including eggs, pastries, patatos, waffles, pancakes, bagels, and english muffins. They also have a couple choices of coffe, orange juice, apple juice, and skim milk. The area where the breakfast can be eaten is very nice, and there is a couch as well facing another one, around a flat panel tv.

To clarify, the pool is open now. I was a bit worried about booking the hotel, but it is open. There is a fitness center, pool, a basketball court outside, and a little courtyard area w/ a grill (although it was way too cold since we stayed during the April nor'easter). The Fitness room looks twice as big in the picture the hotel has. There is a mirrored wall, that is why.

Overall, this is a great hotel. We were mainly commuting to Sharon, Ma. This hotel is located in franklin, which is about a 40 minute to 1 hour drive to Boston. If you are coming here for Boston or you are a buisness traveler needing to go to boston, you probably shouldn't stay here. However, if you are with family, this is a perfect hotel.

**Side notes: We stayed in the studio queen w/ a pull out couch. (Room 236).**

• Liked — Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Internet, Kichenette.
  • Disliked — Pull Out Couch, Walls were a bit easy to hear through.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank rootbeer3283
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2007

I stayed here with my husband and a friend for our eleventh high school reunion. When we checked in, we were given a key and sent to a room that had someone already in it (EEK!) I walked in to find someone blowdrying her hair - luckily she was clothed! Then it took the extremely nice lady at the counter a really long time to figure out what the problem was. When we did manage to get a room, it was very spacious and clean, and more than enough room for the three of us.

At that point (September 2006) the hotel was putting up students from local Dean College, which led to a bit of a dormitory feel. Still, overall, it was a nice hotel for a reasonable price.

• Liked — Large and comfy rooms
  • Disliked — Check-in process
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2006

We arrived on Saturday, Sept. 2nd (only staying one night) at about 1:30 and were hoping that they would allow us to check in prior to the 3:00 check-in time stated in their website. It took the person at the front desk quite awhile to see if any of their King Suite rooms were cleaned and ready for us, but eventually we did make it to our room. Wow - was all I can say. The bedroom was a separate room closed off by doors with bathroom in the bedroom and a TV. The livingroom area had a TV, as well and a very nice fireplace - which made it quite cozy with a pull-out sofa bed. The kitchen area was very nice - clean, with a microwave, large refrigerator, oven, dishes, utensils, etc. We were hoping that the pool and jacuzzi would be operating - since according to a review back in July it was under renovation - well, here it is September and they both were still not in working order, so if you are hoping to relax in their pool/jacuzzi - forget it. If it's a jacuzzi that you are seeking - book one of the rooms that has a bathtub with jacuzzi built in - then it won't be so bad. Since we were bringing our son to college our car was filled with everything he would need for his dorm - the front desk suggested that we could leave anything of real value in their storage closet, even though they did inform us that this is a very quiet/safe town. We took them up on their idea and found everything to be safe the next morning.

Our only real complaints were:
1) We asked for a wakeup call and it never happened. Luckily we didn't have to make a flight or be someplace at a special time - so it wasn't too bad, but it could have been disastrous otherwise.
2) The pool/jacuzzi was still not working and after reading the reviews, hasn't been working since July.

• Liked — Spacious enough for a family of 3
  • Disliked — The bathroom was in the bedroom; pool and jacuzzi have been out of order since July 2006
  • Tips/Secrets — Call before to see if the pool/jacuzzi is in working order
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank ablondet
Metro Boston - United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2006

Hawthorn Suites worked out very well. I stayed for one night and attended a wedding at Lake Pearl Lucianos. A number of guests also stayed here. We were able to check in with great ease and were happy to find our room was a good size. We had a suite with queen sleeper/ living room. The kitchenette, mostly the fridge was great. We also liked having the living room fo entertaining/ meeting with friends before we went to the ceremony. I had called a few weeks before our arrival and arranged for the shuttle to take us to Lake Pearl (10-15 minute drive). The shuttle is free until 10pm. For our return it cost $75, split 11 ways, plus a tip for the driver. This was great as nobody had to drive. Service was very prompt.

Ther is a breakfast served until 10 am. I didn't go as we had brunch plans, but those who did seemed to enjoy it.

Great option in the area, close to 495. Very quiet. I would certainly stay again.

Advice: Opt for a suite. For the price you really can't beat it. Good luck in your travels.

Hawthorn Suites Franklin
Franklin, MA
Stay: 7-28-2006 to 7-29-2006
via Cheap Tickets: $119/night

Local options for food close by. Near Wrentahm outlets and industrial centers.

• Liked — Suite
  • Disliked — No real problems.
  • Tips/Secrets — Shuttle service available to area venues.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank loxleyboston
NH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2006

Ok, let me give you the pro's first. The rooms were very clean and the suites spacious, a good deal for the price. My room had a small kitchen with a stove, table, coffee pot, etc. Also a couch and coffee table. Complimentary breakfast was more than expected, sausages, egg muffin sandwiches, pastries, scrambled eggs, toast, coffee, juice, etc. This sounds great, right? What's wrong?

I booked a king bed room with jacuzzi. I could have stayed anywhere near the stadium, but went out of my may to find a hotel near by with both a King size bed and in room jacuzzi. My wife and I were celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary and decided to go to Gillette stadium and see Bon Jovi and spend the night in a king bed room with jacuzzi. After recieving my confirmation, I read the reviews (i know backwards and not usually what i do) and saw the complaints about the hotel failing to honor it's bookings/deals. I got worried and called two days prior, to confirm my room. The hostess assured me I was all set.

When I arrive I was told they were overbooked and my room was no longer available. Without my even asking or arguing I was promptly redirected to the manager, who indicated they could give me a queen bed room suite with no jacuzzi or a room with two double beds. Can you imagine two double beds on your anniversary night? We aren't the cleavers in 1950's america. Of course I was annoyed and indicated that I had called to confirm and was told we were all set. They asked if I had specifically inquired about whether my room type was fine as well. You have to ask that? Give me a break.

When I arrived the hostess looked up my reservation and without me mentioning the room type new right away, so.....It's obvious this is standard operating procedure for them. Also while talking to the manager, the hostess kept interrupting trying to defend their position, who did you talk to when you called? What does that matter? Is it OK if one employee gives you a different story? Also she stated we don't gaurantee room types. That would be fine, but there is nothing anywhere on their site or my confirmation, or the web page I booked with that indicates that at all.

So while the rooms are clean and breakfast was nice, if you book here keep in mind you could be expecting a king suite with jacuzzi and get a 1 room closet or no room at all, because they overbook just to get your money. The management was very defensive and hurried with their responses which indicated to me they go through this about 20 times a day. The hotel outside is nothing to look at. The rooms are 3 stars, but the hotel is run by managers that treat it like an off the highway motel that you don't reserver rooms for and just drive up to and ask, "anything available?" That must be do to the stadium crowd. I can't recommend anyone book here and take the chance of being stuck without a room or in a closet.

Also the manager attempted to look for available rooms for me and asked me 3 times how long I was staying, when I answered each time 1 night, she'd say there is none available. So....that tells me they give up your reservation to someone who books after you and will stay longer. Lousy way to run a hotel. The hostess was also rude and attempted to make us feel like we had done something wrong or were expecting too much. Imagine someone coming from California and booking a week to find out you have no room when you arrive?

Last item, the hotel hot tub and pool were unavailable and being renovated. Thank goodness we weren't booking our stay there with plans to use their facilities. How about listing that on your website so a family doesn't book their vacation in MA and expect to enjoy the pool in July when it's 100 degrees as it was during our stay. If you book here, don't book just drive up and ask, "any rooms available" it will be the same difference. Book at your own risk. Too bad because the rooms are actaully nice. Needs new management before it goes out of business.

• Liked — The room was clean and spacious, breakfast in the a.m. was better than expected
  • Disliked — They misrepresent their bookings and check-in was a terrible experience
  • Tips/Secrets — Book at your own risk. Reserving here is nothing short of just driving up and hoping a room is available, can't be called making a reservation, better called taking a risk.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Submuloc
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2006

DO NOT ever do business with this hotel. They have made our lives miserable. We were trying to organize a wedding and they broke our contract and canceled our guests reservations 6 weeks before the wedding. They did not help us make alternative arrangements for our guests...even though they said they would. They didn't apologize to our guests...even though they said they would. They didn't give our guests a free night stay for the inconvenience...even though they said they would. They basically are just liars looking to make a buck.

Good luck if you go there. My advice...stay far far far far far away!

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Hampton Inn Franklin
Comfort Inn
#5 of 6 in Foxboro
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area? Share your experiences!