“Glad I got it cheap!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Franklin
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Glad I got it cheap!”
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I needed a room last minute so I went to priceline and bid on a 3 star hotel in the Franklin/Milford area. I "won" the Hawthorn Suites.

Check-in was slightly slow, which allowed me time to read the notice that the hotel was experiencing trouble with calls made to 9-1-1. Great!

While being checked in I inquired about upgrading to a jacuzi suite, of course I agreed to pay for the upgrade. Despite it being a Wednesday night I was informed because I booked through a third-party I could not upgrade.

I was handed my room key, which was on the first floor, two double beds. I inquired about getting a king bed. Again I was told that because I booked through a third-party I could not be accomodated.

I asked whether I had double or queen beds, which I was told were double. SO, again, I inquired about at least a queen bed, again willing to pay any upgrade. AGAIN, amazingly I could not be accomodated!!

After a pretty long walk to my room I was pleasantly surprised by the size, but there was an "off" odor to it. I promptly unpacked and turned the air conditioning on., The Air conditioning was soo loud you would not have been able to carry on a conversation.

The front desk called to ask how the room was, to which I informed him of the trouble with the air conditioning, the front desk confirmed he could hear it and that they are having trouble with the air units. He told me I could come to the front desk and he would assign me a new room.

The new room was on the whole other wing of the hotel. This room was much larger, but still had two double beds.

Overall the hotel was very nice, I am just very put off by their refusal to accomodate my bedding request, even after I had to move rooms

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
HawthFrankGM, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
Dear shoegirl_10,
I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I have reviewed your comments and have used them to better train our Guest Service Associates. At this time we have trained all associates on our upgrade policy and how it is to be handled. Therefore when rooms are available we will be able to upgrade prepaid guests at a fee to one of our larger rooms. I have also had our engineer review and fix any HVAC issues in our rooms. I understand your frustartion with being unable to get a larger room and I can assure this has been fixed for the future. I again apologize for the incovenience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
brooklyn, NY
Reviewed April 9, 2010

We just came back from this hotel April 7th, 2010. Hotel is nice room big enough and equiped with all small appliances you might need as well with dishes and utensils, the bed was comfortable. I think the manager should really care more about the cleaning matter, the carpet was so dirty, the housekeeper pretends to vacuum it, when she really doesn't otherwise the room was fine. Breakfast was ok. the person in charge for supervising it, was unfriendly and everytime we felt like he was counting how much breakfast the people was eating. Sooo evident, that makes everybody feel so uncomfortable. I think he needs to do his job but he could be a little more diplomatic at this matter.........About the front desk staff they are so rude and unfriendly everytime we asked for some information we felt like we were bothering them, especially the one named TEANNA that person should not be allow to work with customers, she even didn't care about to return the room card. We've been in many differents hotels all over the USA and never met so unfriendly staff I believe the hotel manager and human resource should be more careful when hiring the personnel for the front desk, they really need to be replaced, because when people stay in a hotel we expect having good time and good customer services. I love Franklin, but I would be hard pressed to stay here again even when the hotel accomodation was really convenient for us.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank meliosof
Dear Meliosof,
I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hawthorn Suites and take a moment to apologize for your negative experience you had with us. While we take these comments very seriously and use them to help teach our employees and provide a better product in the future. I have spoken with both our Housekeeping manager and our Housekeeper about the how your room was cleaned during this stay and made adjustments to how things are done. I have also addressed with both the Kitchen and the Front Desk on how they made you feel during your stay. We are a small hotel and top notch service is not something we tend to waiver from. So when then does happen it is alarming. I can assure you that they have been spoken to and trained to make sure this does not happen again. I again apologize for everything and if there is anything else I can do, please contact me at 508-553-3500.
Michigan
Reviewed August 12, 2009

This was my second stay at the Hawthorn Suites. We had a one bedroom suite this time. It was roomy and nice. The kitchen had a stove top, large refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot as well as fully stocked with dishes, pans and utensils.

The breakfast is good, and quite extensive.

The hotel is very conveniently located by the expressway without any noise from it. I left a somewhat pricey knife in the drawer in the kitchen during my stay. I received a phone call from someone on staff saying they had it and would send it to me! I have never had something like that happen from any hotel. I thought it was gone forever and they went out of their way to try to return it to me.

The pool is very small, but it served it's purpose for our stay.

The beds are extremely comfortable! Great stay!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed December 22, 2008

Very convenient, just 1 min off the interstate, very clean , friendly staff, very good complimentary breakfast.
pool was closed for maintenance but we did not really bother as we spent more time shopping @ Wrentham village outlet mall (just 5 min drives from the hotel).
Free internet access with printer.

Everything was really clean. Will definitely come back.

Only one (little) complaint : the fan inside the bathroom is noisy and it s automaticly on when you switched-on the light : can't have a "quiet" bath.

• Liked — value for money, location, hotel quiet and clean
  • Disliked — noisy fan when you have a bath
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
gorgeous hudson valley
Reviewed September 15, 2008

We do use Priceline quite a bit and are pleased when we can add a 'new hotel' to our list. This was our first stay at the Hawthorne Suites in Franklin, MA. 495 and 95 are highways that connect you to everything in MA and this hotel is convenient to both major thoroughfares.
We were in town for a hockey game at the Iorio Arena in Walpole--a good 20 minute drive.
The 3 story hotel is located in a business park , seemingly in the middle of no-where. Given the location, you are close to restaurants, malls, etc. This is a hotel favorite if you are going to Gillette Stadium (and what hotel in the area isn't?!) There is a train station located at the prior exit. The train will take you into Boston so you won't worry about parking and/or traffic.
We were given a standard size hotel room with 2 double beds. Micro/fridge in room was a plus. Internet worked well. Lighting was great. Bottled water for a fee. Water pressure could have been better, but it was fine. They only have conditioning shampoo, soap and lotion to offer.
Our room, 303 was on the top floor, at the end of the "U" shaped building. It's a long walk to the ice machine, which is located in the hallway. Pets are allowed. I'm not sure if they have rooms set aside as 'pet friendly' rooms are if pets are allowed in all rooms. Heating unit worked well...turned it off at night and opened a window. Pillows were big and firm, not to my liking, but it was just fine..
Basketball court and dog walking area just outside the door. Pool looked good as did the jacuzzi...both were busy with kids having a blast! Exercise room was small--
Breakfast offered a hot and cold buffet, eggs, sausage, ham and pots..cold was cereal, muffins, danish, yogurt and fresh fruit (melon, grapes, grapefruit, strawberries). All in all, a nice buffett that was attentively watched over and refilled.
No complaints....priceline accepted my $45 offer, we got a clean room, comfy beds and breakfast. How could you go wrong?

• Liked — clean, quiet rooms offering everything!
  • Disliked — wish we were there during the week for managers reception M-Th.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Yorktown
Reviewed June 21, 2008

This is a nice hotel - spacious room - perfect for the business traveler and families. Bedroom is not separate from the living/kitchen area, but otherwise just fine. Mattress was perfect.

Breakfast was way above average and included meats, eggs, and waffles/french toast/or pancakes, real pastries, etc. Mini-mart on the premises - fitness center, etc. Exceptionally clean. Reasonably priced for this area - which is quite high in the grand scheme of things.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
East Amherst, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2007

The Hawthorn Suites in Franklin is right off Interstate 495 making it an ideal location if you are attending a concert or event at either the Tweeter Center or Gillette Stadium. Our suite was very clean and comfortable. The TV in the outer room was not functioning due to a disconnected cable (which we eventually fixed on our own) and the front desk did not seem overly concerned with the fact that it wasn't working when we checked in. Extra towels were promptly delivered when requested and the front desk people were helpful in helping us get some late night snacks. Overall, we were satisfied and would stay here again.

Stayed September 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Hampton Inn Franklin
#5 of 6 in Foxboro
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#2 of 2 in Mansfield

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area? Share your experiences!