“what a nice surprise!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Franklin
Westminster, Massachusetts
“what a nice surprise!”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I never expected to be this happy with the accommodations here given that I got my 2 night's stay so reasonably priced through hotwire.com - the room was spotless and very clean - nice bedding - good bathroom with separate dressing area - even a living room/kitchen area in the room. Although the furniture and accent pieces are not "Hilton" quality, they are functional and good for what I needed on this stay. So far the hotel staff has been very pleasant and helpful, and the downstairs lobby has a fireplace which makes it homey. All in all, I am very happy with Hawthorne so far.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jbay321
HawthFrankGM, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and for taking the time to do a review here on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to our hote and staff and allows us to know what we are doing well as well as make adjustments if any issues arise during your stay. Were are pleased that everything went well with your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Maine
Reviewed February 23, 2012

My mom and I wanted a place to meet to visit that was halfway between us (Maine and New York). We picked this motel out of a hat. WOW! We are so impressed! Our suite was spotless and so comfortable. Desk, table, fully stocked kitchenette w/microwave and stovetop, full refrigerator and garbage disposal. Large flatscreen TV, comfy beds, nicely decorated. The bathroom even has a large fold out magnifying mirror...have never seen that, even at a Hilton. The room includes free supper (a simple meal, like meatloaf, mashed and mixed veggies), and a standard hot breakfast. All delicious and nicely managed. The staff was uniformly friendly. Got a call 10 minutes after we checked in, asking if we needed anything (never have had that happen, either...kudos). There is a small indoor pool and hottub and a nice fitness room. Free internet included. A cozy "living room" downstairs with a fireplace and a computer workstation.

We just felt so comfortable...we were able to relax and enjoy our visit. I'm sure we will be back again and again.

Lest you think I whitewash, there were minor items that detracted. Let's see...now I'm being very critical...
One of the two phones in the room (which I only used to call down to check on the pool hours) didn't work. No issue as I use my cell. The bathroom was very clean and just about perfect, but I noticed (on my 5th or 6th time in there) that there was a minor imperfection in the sheetrock around the light fixture. The pool area was clean and functional, but the deck around the pool and the floor of the pool were discolored. They look like they need a new coat of paint or a heavy duty scrub with bleach. Hmmm. That's it.

Oh and did I mention the little touches that were nice...like the dot of rubber on the wall next to the door to keep the dead bolt from marring the wall when it was unlatched? Amazing attention to detail. Loved it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and for taking the time to do a review here on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to our hote and staff and allows us to know what we are doing well as well as make adjustments if any issues arise during your stay. We have reviewed the room you were in and have fixed the issue in the bathroom. We also appreciate your feedback on our pool area. Were are pleased that everything went well with your stay and look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Very friendly service, and comfortable. 1 bedroom suite is very affordable, and clean. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and for taking the time to do a review here on TripAdvisor. We do pride ourselves on providing the best service possible. Your feedback is very important to our hotel and staff and allows us to know what we are doing well as well as make adjustments if any issues arise during your stay. Were are pleased that everything went well with your stay and look forward to your next visit.
Plainfield, Connecticut
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This is a classic chain hotel so although we didn't expect much, we were very dissapointed with the staff. By far the most unprofessional people we have run into in our travels. We checked in on New Years Eve and took second place to the departing employee and her boyfriend who kept the attention of the clerk that was suppose to be checking us in. The two employees and the boyfriend kept their conversation going about what they were going to drink that night and never paid much attention to their GUESTS. There was no, "welcome to the Hawthorn Suites" or "thank you for choosing our hotel" and they were just very rude and discourtious. The most uncomfortable check-in process we have ever endured.

Besides the horrible service the hotel was simply average. It was worth the convienince of not driving an hour home after celebrating the New Year.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Josh5411
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and for taking the time to do a review here on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to our hotel and staff and allows us to know what we are doing well as well as make adjustments if any issues arise during your stay. Customer service is very important to our hotel and I'm very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Your Review was brought to the attention of our staff and has been used in training. The service you received is not acceptable at our hotel. I do apologize for this and hope that you would give us another chance the next time you are in the Frankling area.
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed for the New Year's weekend to go to the Patriots game. This is a great location to drive to the game - right onto the highway, go two exits and the exit is the stadium street. The room was clean. Had a DVD player (Redbox was 2 exits away).

The kitchen was fully stocked with pots, pans, etc. The fridge was a decent size and held all the food I purchased for the 2 night stay (had a lot of microwave foods and two 2-liter bottles of juice). The shower pressure wasn’t great but it was doable. The windows in the hotel room opened. That may seem like a moot point but it’s been years since I’ve seen windows that weren’t sealed shut in a hotel room. The cleaning staff was very friendly and accommodating when you asked for something.

The breakfast was expanded (more than just bagels & muffins). We had sausage, eggs, etc and it wasn't nasty. Didn't get to try the pool or Jacuzzi but I took a look. Nothing huge but it's a decent size pool to get wet in. Goes 3 - 5ft deep.

There is only one elevator in the place and it was REALLY far from our room. However, the hotel only has 3 floors and there are stairwells all over the place so we found it easier just to use the stairs. As long as you have a room key you can get in and out via the stairs very easy. Our room was right next to a stairwell so we parked our car there for easy access.

Overall, a nice hotel for a good price. I went directly to their website and they had a special at the time that was cheaper than my AAA discount!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and for taking the time to do a review here on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to our hotel and staff and allows us to know what we are doing well as well as make adjustments if any issues arise during your stay. Were are pleased that everything went well with your stay and look forward to your next visit.
Kingston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We spent two nights, three days at the Hawthorn over New Years weekend and were we ever surprised! It was better than we ever expected. The hotel is very clean, offered a delicious breakfast with some hot items (not just danish and coffee). Our suite was spacious, up to date, real comfortable bed, very clean and had a fully equipped kitchen. Four of us took over the TV in the hotel lounge to watch the Patriot's game on Sunday afternoon (no other guests were around) and the staff was so supportive and accomodating. Boy did we feel comfortable there. We never expected such a nice place for the reasonable price we paid. It may have been just this weekend, but the pool was a bit cloudy. Regardless, I'd say you won't find a better hotel in the area. Oh...and they give out warm chocolate chip cookies! I'll be back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mary C
Washingtonville, New York
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I have stayed here many times while I visit family. The rooms are always clean, the staff is courteous and the breakfast is better than most other hotels. The beds are amazing, alway a good night sleep. When I have needed anything, from a bandaid to directions, they couldn't be more accomodating. Will continue to stay here!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Steph2965
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Hampton Inn Franklin
#2 of 2 in Mansfield
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 6 in Foxboro

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area? Share your experiences!