“This hotel is very clean and the staff is wonderful.”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Franklin
Boston, Massachusetts
“This hotel is very clean and the staff is wonderful.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2011

My family stayed at the Hawthorn Inn for two months.Staying in a hotel for that long should have been difficult but the staff at the Hawthorn made it easy.The whole staff is really wonderful.From the front desk to housekeeping.Jill,Diane,Debbie,Sandy and the breakfast guy Al,all made our stay fell more like home than a hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
HawthFrankGM, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
I would like to thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We take great pride in these reviews and I have shared this information with all of my employees. The 5 employees listed were very excited to have their name in the review. We hope our new renovations and continued pursuit of great customer service will bring you back to our hotel in the near future. Thank you again.
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

We stayed here due to it's close proximity to gillette stadium, as we were going to Patriots opening game.
Staff leave a lot to be desired, despite 3 of us in the room, we had to ask for more towels every night of our stay, as the room was constantly set up for just 2 people.
Every time we went to reception to ask we were kept waiting.
We were on the ground floor which we actually requested not to be at the time of booking and the fist thing that we noticed was a smell of cooking in the corridor. This smell permeated into the room and was most off putting, especially during the night. We now wish we had asked to be moved but that's our own fault not the fault of the hotel.
Cannot fault rooms, clean and roomy if a little tired.
We stayed at this hotel for a pats game last year and had no complaints then so we were a little disappointed this time around.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2010

better than what i expected, nice free breakfast, clean rooms, good staff, about 1/2 mile to shops/restaurants/freeway etc. only thing was computer was broke so had no internet access.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Markham, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

I'm not sure this is still at Wyndham hotel, but overall I can't say too much against my stay, which was for one night. I made use of the gym area, which was fine. I think the pool was over-chlorinated, however. The room was clean, the bed was clean and comfortable, and I didn't notice any smells or anything to make me uncomfortable. The size of the room was also nice.

The breakfast in the morning was great, with a good selection of fresh fruit, and hot and cold items that are either healthy or not, depending on what you prefer. The hotel is very close to the highway (495) and II would stay again for business.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
HawthFrankGM, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
Dear DBM24,
Thank you for your recent stay with the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham in Franklin, MA. We are glad to see that your stay with us was pleasant. I have had my engineering staff review the pool to make sure that the chemicals are ok. We appreciate your comments and hope that you choose to stay with us the next time you are in the area. If there is anything specific we can assist you with please feel free to contact us at 508-553-3500.
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

I needed a room last minute so I went to priceline and bid on a 3 star hotel in the Franklin/Milford area. I "won" the Hawthorn Suites.

Check-in was slightly slow, which allowed me time to read the notice that the hotel was experiencing trouble with calls made to 9-1-1. Great!

While being checked in I inquired about upgrading to a jacuzi suite, of course I agreed to pay for the upgrade. Despite it being a Wednesday night I was informed because I booked through a third-party I could not upgrade.

I was handed my room key, which was on the first floor, two double beds. I inquired about getting a king bed. Again I was told that because I booked through a third-party I could not be accomodated.

I asked whether I had double or queen beds, which I was told were double. SO, again, I inquired about at least a queen bed, again willing to pay any upgrade. AGAIN, amazingly I could not be accomodated!!

After a pretty long walk to my room I was pleasantly surprised by the size, but there was an "off" odor to it. I promptly unpacked and turned the air conditioning on., The Air conditioning was soo loud you would not have been able to carry on a conversation.

The front desk called to ask how the room was, to which I informed him of the trouble with the air conditioning, the front desk confirmed he could hear it and that they are having trouble with the air units. He told me I could come to the front desk and he would assign me a new room.

The new room was on the whole other wing of the hotel. This room was much larger, but still had two double beds.

Overall the hotel was very nice, I am just very put off by their refusal to accomodate my bedding request, even after I had to move rooms

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear shoegirl_10,
I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I have reviewed your comments and have used them to better train our Guest Service Associates. At this time we have trained all associates on our upgrade policy and how it is to be handled. Therefore when rooms are available we will be able to upgrade prepaid guests at a fee to one of our larger rooms. I have also had our engineer review and fix any HVAC issues in our rooms. I understand your frustartion with being unable to get a larger room and I can assure this has been fixed for the future. I again apologize for the incovenience.
brooklyn, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2010

We just came back from this hotel April 7th, 2010. Hotel is nice room big enough and equiped with all small appliances you might need as well with dishes and utensils, the bed was comfortable. I think the manager should really care more about the cleaning matter, the carpet was so dirty, the housekeeper pretends to vacuum it, when she really doesn't otherwise the room was fine. Breakfast was ok. the person in charge for supervising it, was unfriendly and everytime we felt like he was counting how much breakfast the people was eating. Sooo evident, that makes everybody feel so uncomfortable. I think he needs to do his job but he could be a little more diplomatic at this matter.........About the front desk staff they are so rude and unfriendly everytime we asked for some information we felt like we were bothering them, especially the one named TEANNA that person should not be allow to work with customers, she even didn't care about to return the room card. We've been in many differents hotels all over the USA and never met so unfriendly staff I believe the hotel manager and human resource should be more careful when hiring the personnel for the front desk, they really need to be replaced, because when people stay in a hotel we expect having good time and good customer services. I love Franklin, but I would be hard pressed to stay here again even when the hotel accomodation was really convenient for us.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank meliosof
Dear Meliosof,
I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hawthorn Suites and take a moment to apologize for your negative experience you had with us. While we take these comments very seriously and use them to help teach our employees and provide a better product in the future. I have spoken with both our Housekeeping manager and our Housekeeper about the how your room was cleaned during this stay and made adjustments to how things are done. I have also addressed with both the Kitchen and the Front Desk on how they made you feel during your stay. We are a small hotel and top notch service is not something we tend to waiver from. So when then does happen it is alarming. I can assure you that they have been spoken to and trained to make sure this does not happen again. I again apologize for everything and if there is anything else I can do, please contact me at 508-553-3500.
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2009

This was my second stay at the Hawthorn Suites. We had a one bedroom suite this time. It was roomy and nice. The kitchen had a stove top, large refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot as well as fully stocked with dishes, pans and utensils.

The breakfast is good, and quite extensive.

The hotel is very conveniently located by the expressway without any noise from it. I left a somewhat pricey knife in the drawer in the kitchen during my stay. I received a phone call from someone on staff saying they had it and would send it to me! I have never had something like that happen from any hotel. I thought it was gone forever and they went out of their way to try to return it to me.

The pool is very small, but it served it's purpose for our stay.

The beds are extremely comfortable! Great stay!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Hampton Inn Franklin
Comfort Inn
#5 of 6 in Foxboro
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area? Share your experiences!