“Clean and nice!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Franklin
Hartford, Connecticut
“Clean and nice!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed here overnight on our way to the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in Providence, RI. Loved this place. Very clean hotel, as was our room. The bed was extremely comfortable, bathroom very clean. We had to check out at 5:00 a.m., and they were already setting up the continental breakfast. Only negative is the location. I drove right by the street it's on.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TouristRunner
Wayne R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Franklin, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for all of your positive comments. I will be sure to share them with my staff. If you like us now, you will love us in 2013. We will be undergoing a major renovation. The renovation should be complete by February. If you happen to be in the area, stop by to see our brand new look.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Finger Lakes Wine Country, New York
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Staff was very, very friendly, room was clean, breakfast was good. Nice location about 10 minutes from Gillette, perfect for an overnight for a concert. Very comfortable beds- beware a double bed is very very small for two people!! Not the hotels fault though, it's the room that we booked.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive comments. We are starting a complete renovation at the end of this October, including the replacement of all of our double beds with queens. I hope you have a chance to check out our brand new look.
Atlanta
Reviewed June 29, 2012

If you care about fast internet, this is NOT the hotel for you. My 2nd time staying in this hotel and the internet just kills you at night. I tethered to my iphone through AT&T most of the time while there because it was so much faster. The hotel does not comply with the green initiative by Hilton by using the earth friendly cups, silverware, etc. Breakfast was a little subpar compared to other Hampton hotels...not nearly as wide of choices, etc. It's an older hotel, too, so don't expect too much in the decor. On a positive note, the staff was friendly and the manager responded quickly to my complaints about the internet (didn't fix it, but at least I was not ignored). Property management needs to invest some money in this place, though, to get it on the same par with other hotels in the Hampton brand. I come here at least twice a year for 3 weeks and debating staying somewhere else for my next visit, but the nearest Hilton brand is quite far!

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank striker008
Commack, New York
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My family stayed there for two nights. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable but I would make sure that you don't get a room on the first floor close to the lobby. My room was 113. We were woken up by people walking and talking up and down the hall as they were going to breakfast as early as 6am. Then at 9am the maids were cleaning and talking in the hall ways.The air conditioning unit worked but was very loud each time it turned on to cool down the room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We are currently staying at this hotel for the weekend. My family and I drove all the way up here on a beautiful 80 degree day... to find that the outdoor pool is CLOSED! It's 80 degrees and sunny without a cloud in the sky people! We are all EXTREMELY disappointed. We called down to the front desk and were told that the pool is opening next weekend - i.e. Memorial Day. (Now, many people may understand that Memorial Day is a common day for pools to open, but no where on the hotel's website does it mention this, so one could assume the pool would be open.)

Other than the pool, the hotel is ok. Seems clean, but the room does smell a little of smoke mixed with Febreze.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Amy N
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I ended up staying at the Hampton because most of my first and second choices closer to my work were totally booked. Franklin is a good 20 minutes from my office in Holliston. Very happy with my choice. I would stay there again and it ended up not feeling like a long drive. Only down side, was they couldn't understand my last name when my husband called - it is very simple so I don't know what their problem was there.

Joe's restaurant right around the corner was a really good place to eat dinner.

Room Tip: Nothing special about location of rooms. My room was pretty quite.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Barbara J
Wayne R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Franklin, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

At Your Service,
Wayne Reid
508-520-2999
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 3, 2012

The room was fine but if you want a nice hot cup of coffee don't go to the lobby in the afternoon, it will be cold. Still in the dispenser but room temp! If you want a soda in the middle of the night or anytime the machines show sold out so no convience there. Go to the store before you come here! Room key expires after 2nd day so if you are out and about stop by the desk on your way in so you don't have to go back down stairs. Don't go to breakfast at 6 the oatmeal is set out and not even cooked but if you like half cooked oatmeal help your self!
The maids do straighten up the beds but make sure you throw away the used drinking cups or they will be there when you return. I have stayed in Hampton Inn's all over and this is the first one that I have had these issues. Disappointed is what I am but it could be a southern person is use to having these things when staying away from home.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Southern1126
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay as it is only through comments such as yours that we can hope to improve. It is always our goal to exceed our guests’ expectations and provide the legendary service for which Hilton has become famous. In your case we fell short and I sincerely apologize. I have taken your feedback seriously and assure you that we have addressed each issue accordingly. I hope that you decide to give Franklin Hampton Inn another opportunity to serve you in the future. If you find yourself in the area again, please contact me directly so that I can personally ensure that you have an excellent experience.

At Your Service,
Wayne Reid
508-520-2999
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area
Residence Inn Boston Franklin
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 6 in Foxboro
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Holiday Inn Express Milford

Been to Hampton Inn Franklin? Share your experiences!