“Needs an update”

Residence Inn Boston Franklin
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed several days at the Residence Inn. The room was clean and neat, but is in need of an update....very 90's. The mattress was very uncomfortable and they are in need of a better pillow selection. Water pressure was good, but the toilet kept running.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed here in early July in order to visit the nearby outlets. We are a family of 5 who were on vacation from Ireland. This hotel had spotlessly clean and fully equipped suites for anyone who wished to self cater, a launderette and a very enjoyable complimentary breakfast.
But above all, what impressed me most, were the exceptionally friendly and helpful staff who made us all feel so welcome.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a family friendly base in the area and to whom cleanliness was important.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank traveldaly
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was online doing an internet search for hotels in Rhode Island , while signed in to my Marriott Rewards account. The hotel I was interested in was booked and this hotel popped up as an alternative. I clicked on the site and was looking at different options and a non refundable fare came up. I DID NOT make a reservation at this hotel but because they had my credit card on file, they sent me a confirmation . I immediately canceled the reservation (and received a confirmation of such) . I then got another email confirming my stay, which I again canceled (and received a second confirmation of cancellation). A few days later , i had two separate charges on my credit card . The hotel is refusing to refund my money saying the charges are NON REFUNDABLE. They offered to refund one charge , but not both.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cathy M
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed two nights recently. Although a studio was the only room available, it was more than adequate for me, my spouse and my granddaughter(3 years old). The hotel is spotless. Even though the breakfast room is undergoing renovation, they moved the breakfast to a meeting room, which was fine. Notably, all the food trays were continuously stocked so that everyone could have a full breakfast right up to the 10AM closing. They never ran out of eggs, jellies, juices, etc as often happens at these included breakfast buffets. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here for personal reasons, to visit son in Providence and museums in Boston. Excellent location at a mid point between the two places. Excellent rooms with full kitchen and great breakfast. Also close to big box outlet for shopping.

Room Tip: All the rooms were equally nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I needed to travel between Providence, R.I. and Framingham, MA. This property showed up on my Marriott App. It's a great location, great service, great staff and management, but it's perhaps 15-20 minutes from well-traveled roads. I'm still not sure whom this hotel serves. But the prices are reasonable and I have no real complaints.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had booked this reservation through EasytoBook.com for a hotel with close proximity to Hopkinton State Park, near the start of the Boston Marathon. This hotel was easy to get to right off of 495 and about a 15 minute drive from the shuttle bus area. I had booked a 2-bedroom suite which was pretty nice except for the fact that this was a "handicap-accessible" room. One of the 2 bathrooms had a shower that was not useable to me as it encompassed more than half the bathroom with the shower drain a foot from the toilet-not very practical. It was a good thing the second bathroom had the tub/shower combination which my daughter and I shared. The beds were satisfactory with an ample supply of fairly comfortable pillows (5 on each of 2 beds). The rooms were clean and the kitchen area was well designed with a nice size refrigerator, stove top, sink, microwave, and basic utensils/dishes/cookware. The two bedrooms were separated by a living room area and each room had flat screen TVs, a pretty nice set-up. The buffet breakfast in the lobby had a nice variety of food items including eggs, sausage and biscuits with gravy, waffles and cereal among the staple items. There was also a "special" hot item on Monday morning, Eggs Florentine. Our overall stay was pretty good, but I would not want this type of room again. Make sure you ask what type of room you book.

Room Tip: If you do not want a "handicap-accessible" room, make sure to stipulate that in the reserv...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HabesNJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area
Hampton Inn Franklin
Hampton Inn Franklin
#1 of 3 in Franklin
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough
Holiday Inn Express Milford
Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel
Courtyard Boston Foxborough/Mansfield

Been to Residence Inn Boston Franklin? Share your experiences!