All reviews british beer company free breakfast newer part breakfast options room key beds were comfortable natick mall needed a place to stay the room was nice indoor pool boston bbc walmart college route channels
Reviewed July 6, 2018

I always base my choice of accommodation on the opinions of other travelers on the internet and especially tripadvisor, in my short trip to Boston and continued to Niagara needed a hotel that would allow me to rest at night, and that I offer a good breakfast included, this one fulfilled with what is required. I had a little difficulty locating it but maybe it is not very visible on the road. I was also presented with a small problem with the reservation due to the number of people that Booking allowed me and the one that the Hotel allowed since we were 7 people for a room, it was after an arduous day driving to accept 2 rooms, Booking returned me the price difference.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

This place looks dark on the outside. Don't be deceived. The rooms are spacious,clean and with all of the luxuries of a 4 star hotel. The management and staff are always outgoing and helpful. The simple continental breakfast suited all of my family's hunger needs at 7am. A great economical hotel ideally located on Rt. 9. Three thumbs up.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

We travelled to Boston from Montana for a medical appointment, so due to the short notice and already quickly rising cost of the trip, we could not afford the Boston prices. Recent reviews here and the price led us to book. It wasn’t all bad, but unfortunately the cons outweighed the pros.

Pros - the staff was very nice and helpful. We booked for three nights (arriving Saturday, departing Tuesday). We were supposed to arrive late Saturday night, around 11pm, but ended up stuck at the airport all night due to a rental car problem. We ended up arriving about 8:30am Sunday. Because of the credit card issue we could not fix until Monday, I told them we would pay cash. He said they don’t take cash (who doesn’t take cash? This actually falls to cons...) but after explaining our situation he agreed to let us pay cash. Everyone else was also very kind.

Location is decent, with a Walmart across the street and a good number of restaurants, but not exactly a walkable area. It’s also quite close to the Logan Express, which could be a nice convenience if they offered a shuttle - it’s just under a mile so really too short to take a cab, but a bit far for many people to walk with luggage etc.

It was nice to have a balcony in the “brick” wing.

Breakfast was a nice perk, and quality was decent.

Cons - the outside of the building does not inspire any confidence AT ALL. The sign out front is unlit and low to the ground. The most visible part of the building is a somewhat rundown looking tan block, with an old Best Western sign that has been painted over in not entirely opaque black paint. One whole side of the building has signs that parking is for British Beer Company guests only, despite the fact that the restaurant (attached to the hotel) is no longer in business. We were very concerned about our choice when we first arrived. First impressions are everything, folks!

Cleanliness and maintenance were not up to par. Signs had paper with handwritten directions, old directions (like the now non-existent reataurant) and the hallway rugs were old and stained. In the room, the carpet just felt dirty and grimy. I saw the housekeepers and know they were working hard, but they are trying to clean an old dinosaur that just needs an overhaul. The worst part though was that all of the linens smelled and felt like very harsh detergents. Unfortunately our reason for traveling was medical and my husband can have reactions to harsh chemicals. Most hotels nowadays try to be conscientious and it’s not typically an issue, but this stuff did him in. Between that and the dust/dirt from the old carpet everywhere he just couldn’t take it.

After we finished our appointments on Monday we asked about checking out early, but it was already too late in the day. We couldn’t stay another night regardless though due to him breaking out in hives from the linens and dust, so we left. So, we basically paid 3 nights for 8:30am Sunday to 7pm Monday, and then paid for another hotel to replace that one Monday night.

As I said, the staff were great and we appreciate them allowing us to pay cash, but I do really wish I had most of
that cash back at this point.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night before going to BU graduation. After searching Boston area hotels ($$$$), we decided to look outside I95 and found a room here for a reasonable price. I was a little concerned based on a few reviews but couldn't resisit the savings over Boston hotels.

Weaknesses: first impression can mean a lot so when I couldn't find the hotel, I remembered a review that said their sign was not lit. Fix that sign so guests don't pass by your location. Second issue, clean your hallways or get a new rug. Third, fix the elevator! This was also mentioned in previous posts.

Positives: Clean room. : ) Clean and very comfortable bed. Quiet hotel even with a full house. Adequate free breakfast. Fair price.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Room was filthy. Carpet beyond gross...did not even stand on the floor with no shoes...bed skirt was splashed with white matter...dirt and trash under dresser...loud...paper thin walls...halls had not been vacuumed in a long while dusty and musty...

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business