Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

When we first arrived I was a bit skeptical about this hotel. The outside looked very old and somewhat run down. However after arriving at our room I was pleasantly surprised. The room had two double beds but it was quite roomy. The room was clean the beds comfortable and the bathroom was good size. I wish there had been an I room fridge and a fan in the bathroom but overall I found the hotel to be quite nice. While the breakfast choices were limited it was still enough to start your morning. The staff was all very friendly and I would stay there again

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank nillas12
Reviewed August 24, 2016

I have stayed here twice this year and the Magnuson did meet my needs. An upgrade of the building and rooms would do wonders but the rooms were clean and properly serviced every day. The hotel is convenient to many restaurants and shopping as well as movie theaters which brought me back a second time. The staff was polite and helpful. Due to the convenient location, I would stay here again.

Room tip: Good view from higher floors.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Chris N
JHMMGT, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Framingham, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2016

Dear Chris N,

Thank you for your recommendation of this hotel. I appreciate your feedback.

Lisa
Regional Director of Operations

Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

We recently stayed here for the Guns N Roses concert at Gillete Stadium. Location was convienent, we were able to take back roads to the venue and avoid heavy traffic. Hotel is on a main road with many restaurants near by. Ken's steak house is across the street and my favorite mall - Natick is very close by. Hotel looked like it was under renovations- the indoor pool across from our room was drained and looked pretty creepy. The hallway was HOT thankfully we had air conditioning in our room. Room was shabby but met our needs- refrigerator, flat screen tv, fairly large bathroom. Bed was pretty comfortable. Lights are controlled on the main panel by the bed. Paid approximately 130 with an online reservations through a 3rd party website. Think the price was a bit high for this less than average hotel. Wouldn't stay again unless price was lower. Location was great though. Maybe when renevations are completed the hotel will be nicer. Note: stay away from their sister hotel next door. We originally went there first as we thought that was our hotel- name is very similar, thank goodness it wasn't. Very creepy, dirty , run down and seemed to have people living there.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jennifer J
Reviewed July 25, 2016

When I was a kid this was the local Howard Johnson motel and restaurant, which I found amusing. The front lobby building still has the A frame look and the attached restaurant is not a British Beer Company. This hotel is 2.5 star rated and it is pretty much what I expected for that rating, which is actually good because some 2 star rated facilities really should be a one, not this one. The facility was clean overall, and my main concern is the bathroom which was clean as well, and a good size with a long vanity. There was an odd scent to the room that we couldn't quite put our finger on, it wasn't a bad smell and I assume it was likely from the cleaning items they use, once in the room we got used to it and didn't really bother any of us. Beds were comfortable enough, A/C worked well and the window could actually be opened a little for some level or fresh air. We were on the third floor of the "executive building" which is newer than the original portion of the building. The free breakfast was acceptable and the building was well secured. We were disappointed that the pool was closed, I am not sure if this was temporary or permanent, the indoor area was locked and a railing built around the pool, the site we booked through did not indicate this. The south elevator was closet to parking but hard to maneuver the luggage cart into because the hallway was too tight, the north elevator needs some work, it is noisy and shaky, I prefer stairs anyway. Overall a comfortable stay at an affordable rate.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank 5StarTaste1StarBudge
Reviewed July 25, 2016

I have been staying at this hotel twice a summer for six years. It is an older property, but it has always been very clean and the rooms are large, quiet and comfortable.

This year Magnuson took over from Best Western. Thankfully it is still clean. However, a few things have suffered. When I arrived in June at about 2:00 pm, I was informed that my room was not ready and that check-in was at 4:00 pm. I was tired, but I left and came back at 4:00, but something did not feel right. I felt like they did not want to check me in a couple of hours early.

When I arrived in July at 2:30 pm, I was curious to see if I would get the same welcome, and I did. My room was not ready and to come back at 4:00. At first I started to drive away, but I was exhausted and wanted a room. So I went back to the front desk and asked for a different room -- any room. I finally had to suggest to the clerk that maybe she could call someone and ask if a room was available, so she did and there were three rooms ready! Why do I have to make suggestions on how to do your job or provide basic service. I feel like their policy is 4:00 check-in only, even if rooms are available earlier. It is a service industry but I did not feel like they wanted to provide this particular service.

The only other noticeable difference from the Best Western is the breakfast selection. They have removed many basic items so that it is a bare minimum breakfast and they have made small changes, such as generic brand sweeteners, to obviously save money.

Date of stay: June 2016