“Great choice for someone on a budget”

Magnuson Hotel Framingham
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Reviewed November 9, 2008

We stayed here during our college road trip to visit some Boston colleges. (Boston College is only about 8 miles away.)
We stayed in the high rise building on the third floor. The room was perfectly comfortable and clean. We were grateful that there was a restaurant attached to the hotel. The British Beer Pub restaurant was actually very good and reasonable, although noisy. We were very happy not to have to drive anymore one we arrived.

The hotels breakfast consisted of the usual carbohydrate fair plus hard boiled eggs. Still it was enough to get us going in the morning.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed September 17, 2008

Found this hotel after checking out of the Travelodge dump down the road. Nice clean room for a decent price. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2008

I stay away from home often and have made this hotel my second home away from home.

I have gotten to know several of the staff and they are wonderful. They always greet me kindly when I return.

I am a Gold Club member and I am very pleased with the rooms, the ample parking, the quiet of the hotel, the Route 9 location, and the internet access in the lobby.

I love that you can order Chili's room service and that you can make coffee in your room. The TV's have plenty of stations, the windows open for fresh air, and all floors have soda or snack machines.

I don't care if the furnishings are slightly dated, I like this hotel. If I wanted to stay at the Taj, I would.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank appleworm
Reviewed January 2, 2008

Good service. Automatic swipe keycards did not work the next morning, but front desk fixed it right away. The evening desk was occupied with
less experienced staff, thus the sign-in process took a bit longer than expected. Breakfast buffet was very varied and good. Staff very helpful with items that I missed to pack. The rooms are clean and tasteful but furnishings and bathroom interior appear a decade old. Coffe/Tea in the room was a convenient standard feature.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Namia
Reviewed September 19, 2007

I had a HORRIBLE experience. My family and i usually book to stay about twice a year at this hotel when we are in the natick area. Our last stay, we tired and got there late only to find that there were no shower curtains in both rooms! Picture yourself coming home from a long trip..all you want to do is take a shower get comfortable and go to sleep. We had to call the front desk. It gets even better! The worst part is when the bell boy who was this older caucasian male that came up had the nastiest attitude with us. He acted as if we did something to the shower curtains! He even had the nerve to raise his voice yelling back at us when we where explaining that our key cards were not working to open the doors. He acted as if we where ignorant and didnt know how to open a door. He began to slowly give us a lesson on opening the door. What the nerve. The front desk lady replaced our old worn keys with new ones. We even got into a debate with him on how rude he was and that we are paying customers...he should actually be appologizing to us because it was more of an inconvienience to us. I was shocked about how he can treat a customer when it was completley the hotels fault! I complained to the front desk on how rude he was and said that we where never coming back. So if you ever go and see this male with whitish/gray hair and glasses beware! That messed up my mood for most of the evening...and im appauled that people in this year 2007 can still have the audacity to treat thers in this fashion. Well i guess i gave him an ethical/moral lesson on how to treat paying guests!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank QueenEs
Reviewed April 14, 2006

As I approached Boston by auto from the west seeking a place to stay in order to catch a flight from Logan the next day, the traffic was terible on a Saturday p.m. I spied the Best Western sign and turned into the motel.

My room was spacious and clean, the huge bed was comfortable, they had WIFI that worked and the cost was a bit less than $100, including taxes. Legal Seafood Restaurant, one of Boston's best, has a branch close by, as it turned out.

Best Western standards usually insure that a place will be comfortable and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank FromBrazil71
Reviewed October 8, 2005

THe hotel was okay but the beds need to be replaced. They were in tough shape and I was awake most of the night. THe worst part is they were advertising the rates as queen beds on the AAA website and also the Best Western website. I have emailed both places to let them know they are not queen beds but double beds. I was pretty annoyed about that since its the main reason we booked there since our two youngsters were with us.
After my complaining they offered a smoking room with king bed and pullout but it stunk too much of smoke and we are non smokers who are never around smoke. THe room other than that was fine and the kids liked the pool, it was just a little slippery on the tile. It is attached to a Chili's restaurant which can get busy.

• Stayed: October 2005
1  Thank KidsintowRhodeIsland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Framingham
Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick
Courtyard Boston Natick
Residence Inn Boston Framingham

Been to Magnuson Hotel Framingham? Share your experiences!