“Very Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Syracuse, United States
“Very Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

All staff we encountered were very welcoming, professional and helpful. The room was pleasant and comparable to others in this price range. The price was very reasonable for the greater Boston area and convenient to the Mass Pike.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Priscilla H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Beverly Shores, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

The room was surprisingly nice once you got past the dated building and dark hallways. The staff at check in were very nice and we only used the room for sleeping as we were attending my son's wedding. We did have the breakfast on one morning and skipped the second morning as we were having brunch with my son and his new bride. Breakfast was good with a good and varied selection of fruit, cereal and hot eggs, bacon, and biscuits and gravy. While hard to spot, there were even breakfast sandwiches that you could nuke in the microwave. Overall it was a pleasant stay with no large drawbacks. The British Beer Company is on the premises, but we did not go there as we went to another one in Franklin where we met our kids prior to the wedding. We like the British Beer Company restaurants.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor of the high rise building. We can't speak to any others.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I I was here for only 2 Nights and the Staff make you feel at home-There is a Irish Pub, with great Food next door...I would stay here....The location was near my business appointment.I was also near the Logan Express so easy to get back and forth from the airport...overall a great place to stay...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Older hotel, needs some updating. Rooms were clean and big, but had a smell almost like carpet cleaner that you shake on carpet and then vacuum. Smell dissipated with air on in room. Dark corridors and stuffy. Breakfast was good with a lot of variety and staff was very friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ewa Beach, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The section we stayed in was old, dirty, no elevator and in bad need of a renovation. Holes in the walls. Carpet not clean, dust everywhere. Worn out almost transparent sheets. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Travelers are raving about these Framingham hotels

New Britain, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This last trip in mid May 2014 was my third stay here for me on business for one night stays. I will admit the first time that I saw this hotel I thought I was back in the 60's and couldn't imagine what to expect on the inside. Looked like the roof of an old Howard Johnson place LOL
Like my title said, don't judge by the outside.
The hotel is older in structure and though it might make you feel like you entered a time warp in some of the hallways, the rooms ive had have all been clean, the linens have been clean, etc etc etc
Clean is more important to me than flash.
Always got a good sleep here as well.
Computer access available in the lobby for guest use. There is also a great breakfast area open at 6:30am with all you need for a good start and it is also run very well and clean.
Rates are reasonable and its very convenient to stores and the Mass Pike. And a movie theater next door.
One of my fav's of this hotel is the British pub within the property.
Great food and drink, and entertainment.
You never have to leave the property if you wish.
You will find Peggy at the front desk most willing to help you with anything. She will remember you on the next visit.
Makes you feel at home.

The only reason I didn't give five stars was that the television had a horrible picture on some channels. Maybe it was just my room. If that doesn't concern you. Give it five!!!!!!
I don't go away to watch tv.

I think you will enjoy your visit.
Hope this review helps you out.
Thanks for reading.

Room Tip: I always got the top floor to avoid someone walking around over me. Just a thing with me!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Portland, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Made reservations for a large group attending a holiday weekend soccer tournament. Although there were numerous 'preferred hotels' recommended by the tournament most were already sold out months in advance and those that were still available were charging exorbitant rates. I took it upon myself to find more reasonably priced accommodations within close proximity to our soccer matches. We had a total of 12 rooms for about 40 people. The manager, Peggy, with whom I arranged accommodations for our group was initially very helpful. Check-in was smooth but it wouldn't have hurt the front desk clerk to put a smile on her face. Pamela was rather monotone, matter-of-fact, and barely made eye-contact. She didn't appear to enjoy her job very much and wasn't enthusiastic at all. When I asked her to clarify where our room was located she seemed bothered. Not a great first impression.
Lobby was small but nice. As many reviews have mentioned the hallways are dark. They are. Felt like I was entering the 'Tower of Terror'. My room was on the 6th floor. I was pleasantly surprised entering the room as it was fairly bright and appeared recently refurbished. Our group was mainly 12 year old girls participating in a soccer tournament. Of course as soon as we arrived they wanted to swim. They agreed to meet at the pool as soon as possible. The pool was adequately sized and clean. I was glad they had a lifeguard on duty. He asked us to sign-in which I think is a good policy. The lifeguard did not have a name tag but was very friendly and attentive as to what was going on in the pool.
The continental breakfast was very good and continually replenished by very friendly and (once again) attentive staff. There was a good variety of food.
I had an opportunity to speak with my housekeeper once when I returned to my room. Angelite (sp?) was pleasant and although she didn't seem to speak English very well she made an attempt. My room was well attended to and clean. Beds were comfortable and we had plenty of pillows. Bathroom was also clean and had ample towels.
Speaking with other members of our party I received varying opinions regarding the condition of their rooms. One common remark I heard regarded the funky smell of the hallways. I noticed the same. Not one floor smelled the same as another. It seemed as if they were trying to mask odors.
In general though, all was good. I have traveled to many tournaments with all my children over the past ten years and it's safe to say I've stayed in better places and I've stayed in worse.
The hotel had a restaurant attached but it is not run by the hotel. It is probably the best thing this hotel has going for it. 'The British Beer Company' was excellent. If you showed your room key you received a 10% discount off your bill. We ate there a couple times and the food and service were excellent.
The final day of our tournament there was some question as to whether we would make the playoffs on Monday which would require an additional nights stay. We would not know until 12:30pm and our checkout time was 11:00am. I asked for a 1:00pm checkout for our group and was promptly told 'no'. Pamela did not at all care about our predicament or the possibility that the hotel could possibly profit from our team extending our 12 rooms for one more night. She said they were very busy and that housekeeping needed time to prepare the rooms for newly arriving guests. If we didn't have a reservation for that night then we'd have to leave. I asked if they were sold out and I didn't get a straight answer. I was told they were sold out the night before as well but I highly doubt it. The parking lot was barely full. As far as I'm concerned our group was doing this hotel a favor by staying there. Without our group I suspect they would not have been busy at all. Instead of expressing their gratitude in the form of excellent customer service (which they should provide regardless) instead we felt our reasonable requests were too much of a bother for them. Peggy, the manager, eventually contacted me regarding our late checkout request and although she granted our request she advised, in a somewhat threatening tone, that we'd be charged an extra night if we stayed beyond 1:00pm.
Perhaps I'm being too harsh given the quality of the Best Western chain. But I believe you can never expect too much when it comes to customer service. It can make a difference when rating a hotel 'average' or 'very good'. And in this case, it did.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MelnMaine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Framingham
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick
Residence Inn Boston Framingham
Courtyard Boston Natick

Been to Magnuson Hotel Framingham? Share your experiences!